Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO and SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irshad78

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2016
SA
Team,

Can I use Avaya SBC to achieve sip redundancy i.e. when active sip fails the calls from provider will be routed over fail-over trunk as show in attach pic.

IPO_dcg2id.jpg

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6554947c-d0da-40f0-97b5-be90c8c8f24b&file=IPO.jpg
Yes you can setup the SBC to work instantly if the Primary Sip fails.
You should get another SBC with the same setup to have full redundancy

Thanks.

As you can see in attach topology , I have 2 IPO's. Can I use same SBC for both of them i.e. connecting 2 Trunks and 2 Fail Overs SIP Trunks in same SBC.

Noted --Adding One more SBC for Hardware Redundancy.

Yes you can use many sip trunks. Setup the SBC with weighted priority this way if 1 packet fails it will use the secondary Sip trunk immediately. So both Sip trunks will be in use, Primary will use about 95-98% with about 2% failing over to the secondary depending on your sip provider, internet and how busy the lines are.

If the Primary SBC fails or crashes or if the link goes down to the Primary SBC, none of this will work.

SBC is pretty flexible. But as bahmonkey say... A single SBC can become the single point of failure. If you need HA then use a pair of HA SBCs. BUT...the portwell can not be used in HA configuration. You need a DELL server or virtualized then.

You can also use two standalone SBCs and let the IPOs switch over. But it's a mess because the complex SBC configurations has to be kept in sync between both SBCs manually. A HA pair of SBCs is configured as if it were a single on.

IP Office remote service
Fixed price SIP trunk configuration
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back