Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO 9.1 phone displaying "On the Phone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

korexxkun

Programmer
Jun 26, 2011
NG
Hello All ,
Im using Avaya IPO 9.1 server editon. I have a 1608 that just started showing "on the phone". Even when you call the extension from another location it displays the persons extension and "on the phone". how do i get rid of it??

sounds like a display message was activated. Do you have short codes setup that display messages?

Agree with presence in the absence of a screenshot. They likely either set it through the app or using onex client. Log in to Onex with that user and check that there is no text against the status field. You'll find it at the top of the screen to the right of the user name and extension.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

korexxkun you are running 9.1.2? do all of your phones have multiple call appearances? Does it show "on the phone" on the calling phone when the target has a call coming in on the second call appearance?

This is a display message/abscent text, not the introduction of a much requested feature on the quiet :)

I have my phone show "on conf call" when I am on one via one-x portal

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Indeed, but the feature people are assuming this is is relating to a standard handset when busy, it isn't :)

Not the way I read it.

That would be a nice feature to have so that all the customers that are coming from a Nortel system have it and I actually have to agree that this is a nice thing to see.
If I call someone and I see, on the phone, then I can decide to let it ring and get vm or hang up and send an email right away.

Gunnaro will probably say that vm is so 90's :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Yes holdmusic34 i logged into One-x with the user and there was a text against the status field. I removed it but its still appearing on the desk phone
And yes StubbedmytoeonIPO i am using 9.1.2 and it Does show "on the phone" on the calling phone when the target has a call coming in on the second call appearance
Yes qtelcom we are using presence, but i dont recall setting up any short codes that display messages?

You need to select 'ok' when you remove it or it comes back.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back