Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP500 SD Card

barneyraymond

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
US
Good morning.

I am a Nortel/BCM Guy and since I can not get new systems for them any longer, my supplier is selling me an Avaya IP500. Problem is he is not and Authorized Avaya person so I cannot get the SD card from him.

I see MANY places online to get a SD card, even Amazon has them, but I have no idea what to buy. I have already figured out the programming and my supplier will help me with that.

Its a simple system going into a Feed Store in Luckenbach Texas.

4 Pots Lines
12 Phones
They want AA and 8 Mailboxes

Thats it. Very simple. All the phones will be digital, but they may want IP at a later date.

Any help will be greatly appreciated on the route I need to go.

Thanks - Barney

Go for Emetrotel systems.
Nortel phones work both Ip and digital.
You can upgrade your bcm units as well with them
Much better than ipoffice.

Barneyraymond

You will need to get the SD Card from Avaya as it has a PLDS number attached to it required for the system’s license

You need

IP Office U-Law SD Card

A system fitted with this type of card defaults to U-Law telephony and IP Office Basic Edition Key System operation. Intended for North American locales.

You’ll need an Essential edition licence to do anything useful.

You may want to consult a professional if you are asking where to buy a card. The cards have preloaded information in them and you can not just put one in and "program it". You need an Avaya tech/rep/partner to link those number to an Avaya license and from there you can purchase whatever licenses you need, which are not sold to the public so you need that person again.

Agreed with what dd1234 says. You need to add the last software to the SD card and upgrade the IPO to the latest firmware - rally something for someone who knows what they are doing. Also don't make any calls until this is sorted out otherwise you may be locked to an old release.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back