Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA IP406 V2 Conifguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rey31

Programmer
Apr 28, 2011
PH
hi to all,

i would like to ask, can i use the IPO 500 Manager for configuration of AVAYA IP406 V2?

Yes, there's no such thing as IPO 500 Manager, its IP Office Manager and works for all the different types of physical IP Office system.

BUT BE CAREFUL - Whilst IP Office Manager is supposed to be backwards compatible, I wouldn't trust that beyond a couple of releases from whichever version of Manager you are using. If possible, make sure you use the version of Manager that matches the software running on the IP Office. [And be aware that for really old releases, there's a difference in their release numbers, for example IP Office R2.x systems use IP Office Manager v4.x.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank You sizbut! for your reply!

You can also install multiple releases of Manager and then pick the one you need to make your live easier. That way you don't have to uninstall and reinstall.

Start with the lowest release of Manager you want, then re-name the Manager folder name to Manger_xxx and then install the next on top of it.
Once you have done that once you can save the Manager folders and simply install it in another PC/Laptop for further use.
Each folder has a Manager.exe file in there that you can start up.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

That works partially. They all share the same preferences for the working and binaries folder path. So you need to change those through File | Preferences after starting a particular version if you want to run something like upgrade or SD card recreate, or just have configs from version X systems in the folder of the version X manager.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back