Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ip phone 1616 stuck on discover 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

activenew

Technical User
Apr 13, 2015
SA

Hello

I have buy new IP phone 1616 , when connected to network getting message (no file server)I configured IP manually and then phone asked to enter extension and passwords after that stuck on discover 192.168.1.10 (ip of ipoffice )

how to overcome this issue ?

thank you

any insight please ?

is this model require H.323 to be enabled? , because now is disabled for LAN1

thank you

Please make sure H323 Gatekeeper Enable is checked in LAN 1 > VoIP and the extension type is configured as H323.

I am not able to reset phone for factory ,,,once entered password it will restarting and the menu not appear in order to clear the phone

Then don't, delete the H323 extension and replace with an H323 one.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Then don't, delete the H323 extension and replace with an H323 one.

The phone does not allow me to do anything except configure ethernet or dot1q

For 16xx phone, there is no Reset Value/Reset factory button after you login to Program Menu. You only can set IP parameter for phone. What option are you looking at Program Menu?

i am looking for option "clear"

because now phone stored extension type sip in config file , i need to clear all config and reconfigure with ext type h323

The phone is working, after enabled the gatekeeper.

thank you for help

You can clear the phone by entering the command craftclear#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back