Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office with new SIP trunks, incoming calls say "the number has been disconnected"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadphoneguy

Vendor
Mar 6, 2013
US
Hello. I have an issue with a new Avaya IP Office SIP trunk install.
Outgoing calls work fine. But the incoming calls only work to the main number.
All other incoming calls to all other numbers says the number has been disconnected.
And I ran a monitor and watched as I called one of the numbers not working and it does hit monitor.
Can anyone help me figure out why this isn't working for all other numbers?
I'm scratching my head here. I have an incoming call route built for each of the DIDs that all match the main number ICR that is working.
Thank you,
Chad

Make a blank incoming route and see if the call will follow that. Do you have multiple URI's with different incoming line groups? If so, make sure you have incoming call routes for all incoming groups.

Thank you. I figured it out right after posting this. Although we had an incoming call route built for each phone number, I figured out that we needed to build another under "Call Details" under the SIP line 17. Had to "Add" a new for each incoming DID or the provider would reject the call and give the message that the number was disconnected. Or maybe it was the IP Office rejecting the call, and then the provider message ensued? Not sure which.
Thanks for your reply.

You don't need to make a separate entry for each DID on the Call Details tab

Make URI 1 with an Incoming and Outgoing Line Group ID, the Local URI and Contact set to Auto
Make URI 2 with the SAME Incoming Line Group, but a DIFFERENT Outgoing Line Group, setting the Local URI and Contact set to Use Internal Data

Incoming calls will route according to the regular Incoming Call Route
Outgoing calls using the Line Group ID for URI-1 will use the caller ID specified in the ARS route, like NS1112223333, while outgoing calls using the Line Group ID for URI-2 will use the caller ID specified in the User's SIP tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back