Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP office 500 v2 Partner Mode 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryezak

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
Having difficulty getting the voicemail to email working. I put all my credentials in under System > SNMP settings.
Do I configure the Lan port to connect to the internet or the WAN port to get the AVaya ip office online to connect to the mail server to forward the voicemails to email.?
Thanks,

is the email server on the network
is it a hosted server?

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

Currently i have the lan port configured with a static ip address on our lan. I also put dns info in but the snmp is an ip address of my mail server host.
Just wondering what the normal way to config this is in partner mode. Should I be using WAN for internet connection?

you need to build an ip route so it can get out to the internet

i have never set it up in partner mode so maybe one of the other guys can chime in

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

If what you're describing is accurate, than you're configuring the email settings in the wrong spot. You want to be configuring the SMTP settings, not SNMP.

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

hovus makes an excellet point

did not see that

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back