Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 11.0 Feature Pack 4 Service Pack 2 - New Release 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had this as the response. But also that blocking root from ssh connection is a security change in Service Pack 2. Awaiting offical doc on it.

It's not possible to troubleshoot. I am pretty sure it is an error.

If it were wanted the root command would have been removed.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Nope, definitely deliberate.

You can re-enable it from the VM Console or via eASG. Log in with root and enter usermod -aG wheel Administrator

Confirmed and working on mine. But need to understand why it was disabled. There may be other security issues.

Because allowing remote root connections fails a lot of security requirements. They changed that way back. But did provide a backdoor via the /opt/Ababa/clish. What do you need remote root for?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

For those of you who have stepped into the deep end of the pool, how are things going with this version?

I've seen a few comments about things like root access being disabled and something about a 3rd party SIP phone not working quite as expected, but nothing else seems to stick out.

We upgraded our Lab system pretty much as soon as it was released and we've seen no issues as of yet. We have 3rd party endpoints, equinox, ACCS, the whole nine yards and nothing has broken yet. Our root password didn't change either.

So far so good as far as we can see

derfloh said:
Quote:
Did you enable "Allow to change hunt group membership " within the user profile

Do this mean I have to edit my user profile on 300 users?
I can't really find an easy way to enable this feature on all their available groups.

@derfloh
I actually have a manager right now. And I'm in charge of implementing these features.
So we finally can enable and disable group membership just like the old features in PhoneManger.

It's quite shitty that users right now have to dial in a specific code to enable & disable group membership on groups.

Sadly the only thing that comes into mind is the group profile, which I cannot seem to edit anywhere, so it might not be an editable profile.
image_oejtx7.png

You don't mean User Rights Groups do you?

Have a few SE's at this new release. So far, this root being blocked is complete shit. I only have remote access to the system. GREAT. Freaking Avaya.
On top of that, getting issues with vm to email attachments being borked and won't open. Work fine playing via phone.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Jesper
what derfloh meant was in User - Menu programming - Hunt Group

the checkmarks where you can assign rights to users to change membership, status etc.

AACon
you can pick 'em Austin.
If they run on VMWare or similar maybe the local IT team can get you access to the console.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Yeah, just have to wait until they are available. It's been fun.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Hi Westi,

Yeah but by doing this I have to manually go into every user in my call center and check the Mark that they can change membership.

Right now I have 300 users, so it takes alot of time for me. (Probably gonna do some mouserecording and let the computer do it for me, but still).

Hi all,

I'm working on the IX workplace with IP500 V2 11.0.4.2. I'm having problems with the IPhone IOS 13 phone users. They can log in with ( It allows them to connect to their extension, make and receive calls, but the IX client is shows a red triangle that says "VoIP service is currently available with limited service" I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

IMG_20200402_132344494_ei4a1h.jpg

Oscar
Business Linxs
Miami, Florida

I would suggest starting a new thread after you verify that the certificate is uploaded to the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back