Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP deskphone model 9611G

Status
Not open for further replies.

glisboa

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2019
US
The Avaya IP deskphone model 9611G using H323 protocol (not sip), the voice mail light on the phone does not light up. There is voice mail in the system for the user but the user cannot tell whether or not there is voicemail unless they dial the voicemail number. The latest firmware I have is 96x1-IPT-H323-R6_4_0_14-040314.tar. The current version of Avaya Aura CM is 5.2. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Thank you very much

glisboa

The message lamp field on page 1 is defined for the extension right, if it is try deleting mailbox and then rebuild, worth a shot.

Technically the voicemail light has nothing to do with there being a message in the users mailbox. When you run the status station command you will probably see the message status as blank. The messaging system must "activate" the message waiting on CM. This requires the correct routing back from the messaging system through Session Manager (assuming you are SIP connected). Run the traceSM command and see if you are receiving the correct message waiting notifications from the messaging system.

You don't specify the voicemail system, which is responsible for providing this light.
Is the messaging system sending the MWI? What type of voicemail system is it, and how is it connected to CM?

It works for everyone else on other model avaya stations (6408D+, 1408, 9608), but not working on 9611G stations. Voicemail system is Avaya Modular Messaging V2.0. Where do I find the MWI, on the CM or the VM?

VM_packages_ymuuvb.png

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7c3d9e19-338d-4489-b1d6-0e8522c400db&file=VM_packages.PNG
On page 2 of the station form what do you have for the MWI Server User Type?

OK, display your hunt group and on page 2 what does the message does the message center say? As it could be sip-adjunct.

Ok then it is programmed correctly, try deleting the mailbox and then rebuild and retest.

You have Modular Messaging...
I'm guessing if you do a "list trunk" you'll see a trunk type of ISDN going back to Modular Messaging? If it's H323 or PRI (both would be marked ISDN) then this is probably direct connected to the MAS servers.

If there a SIP trunk and it's connnected to a Session Manager then I would do a "traceSM" next and look for the NOTIFY SIP message come across. If you don't see that come across after toggling the light(leave a new message while there are none) then I would go into the MAS and the MSS and start looking around.

Does this subscriber's COS in MM allow for MWI Lights? Verify via the MSS web UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back