Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya FAX integration with lotus ( RPC SERVER UNAVAILABLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYSUSER2015

Technical User
Aug 30, 2014
TN
I have Avaya MMS 5.2
the solution is integrated with Lotus and we have enabled Fax sender through Lotus client.

it works fine for a lot of period but after that we have problem of RPC when sending Fax.

an error message said " the RPC server is unavailable".

note that status of MMS is UP.

So, what's that RPC call look like, and from what to what? Are you sending commands from Lotus to the MAS running windows?
Never heard of what you're trying to do or what that integration looks like.

RPC service is enbaled and UP.
When sending Fax from client ( Win7 client), it receive a message "RPC server is unavailable"
What I can check?

I have no idea. What's the RPC call from/to? Your Lotus client to your own Windows RPC thing to something like an Avaya thick client on the PC that interfaces to voicemail?
Is the RPC call right to the Windows MAS server?

Is this document approximately what you're trying to do?

If so, sounds like Lotus and Windows stuff. Do the event logs show anything? Services running as user vs admin? Some windows update that deprecated the RPC calls Lotus uses... Just guessing.

thank you kyle555

I will very again and give you feed back.

Please I have another question regarding CM implementation:

I have Avaya CM6.0
I have users with multiple call appearance
I want to hear announcement when the called user is active ( in call). when the user become available, the call will be routed to the caller.
example: 1001 call 1002
when 1002 is active, 1001 will hear announcement ( music)
when 1002 become availbale, it will receive the call
Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back