Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox Auto configure 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmersonLRibeiro

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2012
BR
Hi,

Someone here made it work the Auto Configure of Avaya Equinox?

If I use the services separately, some work, others do not.

Would they have any tips to make it work?

Regards,

Emerson Ribeiro.

I used to be certified on IPO and deployed Equinox once :) I don't take outside gigs but everyone here is always happy to nudge you in the right direction - whether it's a little config tuning or telling you you're in over your head and "call a certified IPO installer!"

What kind of gate/door phones do you have? I'm think having them programmed for a ring-down to a plain old Equinox app on a iPad would be all you need.

What is it about that setup that you're finding to be particularly challening?

Well, to be honest, the whole process seems particularly daunting. I've read up through page 60 or so of the 240+ page deployment guide and feel pretty lost.

Tek Tips has been a great resource to me many times, but post like "I'm doing something I've never tried before, I have no training in, and requires changing settings on 3 or 4 devices, and I don't have a clue how to get started. Please help" annoy the heck out of me, so I'm not willing to post one of those.

I'd rather spend a little money to learn the right way first.

Can anyone fill that need for me?

I mean, for a basic Equinox SIP softphone on the LAN, nothing stops you from just punching in the SIP server/domain/extn/pw. Nothing wrong with TCP if you're lazy.

Ringdowns are fairly straightforward on any device unless they're Avaya SIP endpoints - there's a thing you put in the settings file for "if your mac address = aa.bb.cc.dd.ee.ff then SET HOTLINE 1234

What is daunting about it?
If you want to make it harder for the customers, use the web URL: so point Equinox to: FQDN>/46xxsettings.txt

If you want to make it easier, and allow them to just use their email address, then:

But you do need to make sure that you have all the settings for a SIP Phone install....

Do I understand correctly that if the system / network is already working with another SIP device (the gate phone itself is a SIP device, and was easy to deploy on the IPO)has an available SIP endpoint and power user license, that I can just build a SIP user for the Equinox and set up the app to point to my IPO SIP domain?

The user does not need any presence/IM/VM features on this. They JUST want their gate and door phones to ring into the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back