Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya/Definity + Audix VM Call routing to phantom mailbox AFTER coverage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelzmike

MIS
Aug 30, 2011
US
I cannot figure this one out at all. We have an Avaya Definity, using Audix voicemail. When someone calls a user station, it is supposed to follow the coverage path to voice mail. For whatever reason, it will ring the appropriate number of times, you can hear the cover come up, but then there is a transfer to another extension (I say phantom because it is a holiday message from like 12 years ago and we don't know what it is). User voice mail never picks up.

I believe this is on the Avaya side as she can dial and connect to Audix, the settings are all correct in there. I have checked station settings and they seem to be all completely the same as her office mates station settings, same Coverage, COS, COR, etc.

Could I be missing something simple here or is there a better way to troubleshoot this to see exactly where it is going? Thanks!

Mike

Edit - maybe it is in AUDIX as I performed several tests using list trace station xxxx and compared this station with another and it looks right and the same as the others. This is so weird!

1st off how do you know it is transferring to a phantom extension? maybe that was her greeting you were listening too, a transfer would have showed in status station command

Sorry, I should have mentioned we logged into her voice mailbox and I went through and listened to all greetings. They were all blank. I recorded one on Greeting 1, set it as active, same thing. Deleted them all and left it as system greeting and still had the same results. It is certainly strange. I agree that I would have seen it transfer and I didn't. It covered to one of the VM ports as it should have. I think i am going to delete her mailbox on AUDIX and then re-add it because at this point I see nothing else wrong.

You can also check the auto-attendant routing table on the Audix, and business and holiday tables. The incoming digits of that user may have been used previously to assign a day, night or holiday attendant or bulletin board message.

Bleebrant has suggested what I would have suggested next to look at so this would explain why the trace would have been useless in this case as you saw it covering to voicemail so his suggestion is the direction that I would follow going forward to resolve this issue.

Thanks for the input. I get the feeling that is where I need to check next. I deleted the users voice mail extension from AUDIX and the same exact thing happens so I believe I have narrowed it down to something right after Avaya covers and sends to the AUDIX hunt group and when her VM is supposed to pick up. I will take a look at the auto-attendant routing table to see what I can come up with.

Just wanted to come back and say thanks. Auto-attendant routing in AUDIX was the exact issue! I was getting there in my troubleshooting, but your direction helped significantly. Thanks again!

Mike

I gave a star for posted who was spot on with this for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back