Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Communicator with IPO 9.1 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loremtz

Technical User
Jun 11, 2013
MX
Hi everyone!

anyone has ever seen this messages, "phone server is not available. Connecting to an alternative server.." in avaya communicator?
the server is up, phones work, and the ICMP packets are successful.
Avaya IP Office 9.1.1
Avaya communicator: communicatorwin-2.1.1.74-dist

any advice?

thanks!

Yes!!!!

You have the wrong version of Communicator!

2.1 is for ACM only.. use 2.0.3.30 with 9.1 IPO.

Avaya's website is bloody awful at making this clear!

Matt

Also made the same mistake at first. I did not get such a message but it just failed to login.
When I used 2.0.3.30 it worked but issues are always coming up with communicator.

It´s works!!!

just the version of Communicator was wrong, I never tried with the 2.0.3.30 version,
I tried with the 2.1.1.74, 2.0.2.25 but never seen the correct version

so... thank you everyone!!!

Now see, that's a top tip right there. That's why I gave him a star by clicking 'Great Post? Star It!'.

'Stick your tokens up your a**'

Communicator 4 IPO: has potential, best feature is that it works w NAT for remote worker (no VPN), mostly....but finding more and more ISP that have either a firewall at remote prem or in the cloud that is not allowing Avaya's NAT to work. 1 guy never got HardPhone to NAT so tried Communicator- Communicator says "No Presence" and "Offline" but you can log on and you can dial, and this happens whether I use the public NAT IP or if I give him Sopgos SSL VPN and use the IPO private IP....weird, others are working fine....any suggestions.

Oh BTW, one Communicator user went back to Softphone because there appears to be a Windows "Volume Leveling' hook that effects him as he raises and lowers his voice and it makes his volume go low...this does not effect softphone but according to my peer tech whom researched it it does effect other softphones....geez...hope they improve that before killing the older softphone.

The older softphone is (almost) killed.

If you get not presence with AVAYA communicator you usually have not configured the IM presence domain correctly in OneX portal. Communicator always gets SIP message from IPO after SIP registration containing all the necessary information about 1XP, username, password, voicemail and much more. You can see it in SysMon with SIP filters enabled. Look for the value of 'onex_server' and you will see where communicator will try to register. Can be an IP address that is not reachable or a FQDN that can not be resolved from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back