Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM 6.3 Enhanced 911 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msensabaugh

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2016
US
Hello All,

I am looking for some clarification on a few things with Avaya's built in 911 features, if you have any experience with using the features, please feel free to give me you're feedback.

Crisis Alert Notifications to desk phones- Can crisis appears to be limited to sending notifications to a max of 10 devices when a 911 call is made. Is this per tenant or system?

Crisis Alert Paging- Are any of you using this feature, or sending to paging groups, does it work well?

Emergency Extension Forwarding- Avaya documentation states if using call back feature and configured correctly then all trunk calls will be routed back to original caller who placed 911 call for specified amount of time set in Emergency Extension Forwarding field. Does it really route all inbound trunk calls for the specified period of time? I sure hope not, but that is how document is worded.

I am just beginning to test and program features, if anyone has any helpful tips, please feel free to share them.

Thank you.

All inbound calls to the number the CM presented to the PSAP are routed directly to the set that made the 911 call. Not all inbound calls, just those to the set DN, the set emergency number, or the ELIN associated to the set's subnet if using the ip-network-map ELIN feature. Whichever of the 3 was used as the calling party number.

Thank you Wanebo, I was hoping it would work something like that, the wording in the documentation was a bit mis-leading. I understand we can control where inbound calls route by DID, ELIN etc. What was concerning was using the 911 feature and the wording of the "all calls".

Have you used this feature, or any other Enhanced 911 features on CM?

Thanks again.

Yes, we have tested this feature and it does work quite well. In talking to Avaya tier 4 backbone engineers while we were configuring and testing they are all of the belief that this is a must use feature. I find it hard to argue with them.

I'm still looking for some clarification on how this actually works? I would appreciate any information someone is willing to share.

Crisis Alert Notifications to desk phones- Can crisis appears to be limited to sending notifications to a max of 10 devices when a 911 call is made. Is this per tenant or system?

Look in Special Features

SA8608 - Increase Crisis Alert Buttons S8700 only
Currently, Communication Manager is limited to 10 Crisis Alert stations on the S8700 platform.
(This is in addition to the 28 Attendant Console capacity), each of whom may have a Crisis Alert
button. This enhancement will expand the capabilities of the S8700 platform to allow for up to
250 total Crisis Alert stations. In Communication Manager 6.2 release, this limit is again
increased to a new limit 750.

SA9065 - Crisis Alert to Stations by Location
With this Special Application Communication Manager alerts stations with a crss-alert button only
in the same physical location as the calling phone.

Hope this Helps

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thanks Ed, it does help. I appreciate the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back