Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Cloud Powered By (11.0.0.2.0 build 23) Source Numbers stop working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXCL824

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2017
CA
We have a few of our Customer Service users that share mailboxes for different huntgroup queues. We add the HG's to their Source Number list, i.e. HUS-Registrations etc. Each user has 5-6. These create the option in the feature buttons to give direct access to the Various VM boxes when you login to VM.

Our issue is they randomly stop working. They may be inplace for a week or 2 and then stop. The options no longer show when logging into VM and the VM Light doesn't show for the additional VM Boxes. We need to delete and re-add the Source Numbers for it to come back.

It does seem that if we update any of the CS team's user settings, within a day or 2 the issue will occur, but even without touching them, we've yet to make it 2 weeks without the issue occurring. It also doesn't always happen to all of the reps. Sometimes all, sometimes only 1 loses the options.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I would 1st try removing the - in the hunt group name, the HUSRegistrations see if this works.

Sorry, that was just a sample. We don't have any "_" or "-" in the names, but do have spaces. i.e. "CS CI English". (That is a real one ;-)

This always worked before in our old IPO 500V2 6.X-9.X, so I'm not convinced its a naming issue.

I can update them to have no spaces, but it is a PITA as I'll need to catch all of the links to that same groups/VM.

I'll see if anyone else has any ideas and try renaming the groups to no spaces if nothing else comes up.

Thanks!

I know you said it has worked for you in the past but I have never had much success when using the group name in the Source Number, I find that using the group's extension number with the H in front of it works 100% of the time for me.

Avaya says to use the name, so I didn't even know you could use the numbers until reviewing other issues today related to the source number and saying to use the ext # directly.

We've already set a couple of the reps to use this method as a comparison to see what happens.

Thanks for posting as it validates what we're attempting to do makes sense to someone else as well.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back