Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Centrevu Supervisor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidystew

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
GB
We recently upgraded our version of Avaya Centrevu Supervisor to version 9. I'm having trouble when building an intergrated report in Design Mode. I'm trying to use the 'sum' function to include an average Call Answer Rate for all the skills that are requested to be viewed. When I create the calculation using Dictionary and try to incorporate it into my report it gives a syntax error - as does any other (predefined) calculation. Is it possible to include the sum function in an intergrated report? - I thought there may be a problem due to historical & realtime data. And if so how?

I'd appreciate any help you can supply.

Seems like there shouldn't be a problem using aggregate functions, I don't use the CV desing too, I'm still using the Custome Report editor in CV Terminal, which means I can't create integrated reports. However, if you'd like to post your calcs here, I'll be happy to look at 'em, and at least you'll get a second (or more!) set of eyes checking your logic.

Thanks,

Calculation (which is very straightforward) is as follows:

((sum(ACDCALLS))/(sum(ACDCALLS+ABNCALLS)))*100

The problem really was that the calculations that are already within Supervisor that contain SUM also gave a syntax error on an integrated report.

The calculation above will provide you with "percent answered", which is what you're looking for, it sounds like. I'm assuming you're querying one of the split tables (like dsplit, or hsplit and csplit/psplit for the current/previous info)?. You may want to use the data item CALLSOFFERED in place of ACDCALLS+ABNCALLS, unless you don't want to count items like BUSYCALLS, RINGCALLS, INFLOWCALLS, etc. for example: (sum(ACDCALLS)/CALLSOFFERED)*100. Or, you may want to remove superfluous parens from your calc: (sum(ACDCALLS)/sum(ACDCALLS+ABNCALLS)) * 100.

Again, I don't use designer, so I don't know the particulars that come with it's use. However, one thing to try might be to create a historical split report, and use the calculation there to see if it works, then do the same with a real time report, and see if it's something that only affects integrated reports.

Or perhaps, find an existing standard integrated report that uses the sum function, and check the design to see how the calc is written there?

I know that in old-style custom report writing, the errors aren't always where they appear to be. I assume Designer has Row Searches, or something similar to aggregate and sort data? Might there may be a problem in that area?...sorry I can't be of more direct help, if you've every got a questions with custom report designs in CV Terminal, let me know!

Think I'll sneak in Report Designer in the next upgrade...!

*:->*

Thanks - there's some useful avenues to explore -I'll give them a go. And I may well take you up on the Terminal offer - as soon as I install it!!

I did check out the documentation we got with the new version, but unfortunately I found it to be as useful as a Solar Powered Torch!! I'll have a look through that other manual as its not the same manual I was looking at - it may have some more info. - thanks.

I've had a closer look at the suggestions you made & it seems that it is not possible to use the SUM function in a realtime or integrated report - looking at the historical report I found that includes a 'totals' line (which is what I was really looking for). I found that the section that dealt with the totals line was in a seperate query & as far as I can gather from the manual you can only have one query in an integrated report.

BTW the calcs were fine - they worked in the historical report.

Oh well - nevermind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back