Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya BCMS VU

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbana

Technical User
Jun 16, 2007
US
I installed a BCMS VU server with a S8300. When I try to connect the server with the PBX I get error 7013, "Login timeout". I'm connecting via TCP/IP. port 22 and the login are set in the PBX with the setup described in the Installation guide. The network connection is OK and I can point the browser to that address and get into programming. Any help will be appreciated.

Try if you can access PBX with login and password you use in BCMS configuration.

I can log in with the user name and password and I can do programming changes which are allowed for a customer password.

Check permissions for login You use for BCMS.
If it's possible paste them here.

change login bcmsvu

Login's Name:bcmsvu
Login Type:customer
Service Level:non-super user

change permissions bcmsvu

Display Admin. and Maint. Data? y
System Measurements? y
System Mgmt Data Transfer Only? n

All other options are set to n

try to use your own login and password.
if this will work change login for bcmsvu and test again.

I programmed my user name and password, which is type service and a super user, and the same result.

you have to point the address to the CLAN i believe and allow SAT services on that port 22

this is s8300 so there is no CLAN.
chceck BCMSvu Server configuration
add new connection
insert your login and password
mode connection: TCP/IP
host name/ip address: your s8300 ip address
port: 5023
after this test your settings

I got it working. The problem was the port#. I used the change ip-service and I found the port #, which was setup as 5024.
Thanks for the help.

what settings did you use for ip-services. i have tried this and have had no luck, inputting SAT values on the S8300. I have a r4 and have the same problem accessing bcmr.

BCMS VU is very finicky. Make sure the user name in the client setup is EXACTLY as it is on the server. I believe they are case sensitive too.

caleast63 Did you ever get the answer to your question regarding ip-services on 8300? I am having the same difficulty finding any documentation and/or making a SAT value work on the 8300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back