Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya B189 Stuck with progress bar on booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daudet

Vendor
May 29, 2006
CA
Hi every one.
i have some B189 that after power up, the progress bar load FW stop at about 3/4 on the blue screen and a green square in the middle. It stays like this for ever
No Mather how many times you power reset it always stuck on loading. See Picture.
Is there a button sequence that can be pressed to get in special menu like the B179.
Look like the B189 are bricked.

I see an SD card slot in the front. Is there a document that state if we can update the phone with SD card?

Also, those B189 that i had access they were at FW 6.6.1.15 and need to have a 2-step upgrade to goto final FW 6.8.5.2. It needs first to be updated to 6.6.5.06.

I also got one phone with 6.6.0.29 FW and this one need to go to 6.1.1.15 then 6.6.5.06 and final 6.8.5.2
Once updated they get the 802.1x activated by the 46xxsetting and then we can no further to get an IP for DHCP. it get stuc with 802.1x failure.
I i press continue then i can get into the phone with the 5 digits pin and check parameters. I have no IP at this point.
To get an IP back i need to disable the 802.1x in the local phone but once rebooted the 46xxsetting will re-enable it. So just going in circle.

Anyone had those issue before?

Daniel Audet
IT Technical Advisor Senior | Infrastructure, Evolution & Services|
Intact Financial Corporation
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d1f5ba13-f289-4eff-8392-cf225460e0ae&file=B189-Stuck.JPG
Anyone ever had that issue.
Plugging the Avaya B189 to a PoE brick without network access and to minimise the chance of getting anything for the PoE switch and or the dhcp server and the phone is just loading to 3/4 of screen and stay for ever.

Normally a working phone it takes approx +-2 mins to boot and ready hit the menu buttons. But these do not react after 12 mins.

I am stuck with 5 of those phones without local access

Daniel Audet
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Doesn't help you much but we've had a couple do that and just considered them faulty and replaced them

This is what i figured out. I have had a meeting with my Business Partner this morning and they are opening a Ticket with Avaya to see if the have any clue
Some time after 10 try id does not work, I set the B189 aside and Yesterday i took on to retry and shit it loaded ok and got into the mneu, Veersion was 6.6.1.15 so i cleared the phone to factory hoping the new restard it will load and get to DHCP and HTTP server for update. But NO it never started up. So not much thing to do with them unless Avaya have a trick to get it going.

Daniel Audet
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back