Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Messaging(AAM): When AAM user dial into voicemail access number, AAM asks to put mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

landon.mclendon

Technical User
May 24, 2022
US
Avaya Aura Messaging(AAM): When AAM user dial into voicemail access number, AAM asks to put mailbox number instead of asking for password directly.

We have two prefixes within our system 548-XXXX and 817-XXXX. Numbers call from and prefix starting with 817 have no issues only numbers that have the 548 prefix face this issue.

Check the private numbering table has entries both 817 and 548. That's the most common reason one station range works correctly while another does not.

Snag_5cd8814_rgouwd.png
Snag_5ce0340_yiklgm.png
[img

Here is the private numbering table. I don't see either of the prefixes there.

Is there anything set in the incoming trunk table for the voicemail trunk group?
Trace a call and see if the number for a good call is getting manipulated.

Ok, hmmm... I don't see any 7-digit defined in your private numbering, either. Perhaps you are using public numbering instead? You may have a specific entry for 817 for 7-digits on the specific trunk used for Messaging.

You can check in a couple of different places just how calls reach Messaging:
[ul]
[li]When you dial the Messaging access number, look if it uses AAR or ARS (probably AAR) In AAR, check the call-type. Is it AAR, ARS, pubu or lev0?[/li]
[li]Check the route pattern. In the lower right corner you'll see the numbering format. Is that blank or does it have an entry, such as pub-unk or lev0-pvt?[/li]
[li]Check the trunk group used for Messaging. Is the numbering format set to public or private on page 3?[/li]
[/ul]

I typically set Messaging to use Lev0-pvt and Private numbering throughout but I've seen systems where they use the public-unknown table. If you do find the entries in the public-unknown, you may want to just add similar entry for 548 to make it work now instead of trying to redo all the programming.

I hope that helps.

Edit: Sean makes a good point. I assumed the mailbox number is the same as the 7-digit extension but you may want to verify that your mailboxes and extensions match, and if they are 4- or 7-digits.

I believe i have resolved it. I entered a 5 on the private table.

Thanks for your help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back