Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Communication Mgr. ( Incoming Call Redirection )

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDL123

Vendor
Sep 17, 2009
US
I have a Customer that wants to have all incoming calls terminate on all of the phones in the office. I built a hunt group in the CM ahd had the vector to terminate to the DN, but no ring. Has anyone had a similar challenge.

Thanks,
PDL123

need more info, what software release? how many users? etc...

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm

if you have copper lines and enought buttons on the users phones you could make the line apperances appear on the phones, given you do not have too many lines, option two, make an x ported station with a coverage path point 1 go to a coverage answer group (but only 8 users can be in any group), but point 2 could be another 8 users and point 3 would be the remaining 8 users, I know this will not alert all 24 users with one call but it's a better option than the hunt group as hunt groups only all. on CM 6.3 coverage answer groups can consist of 100 users, so these are the only options that I can think of.

Thanks, SmokinJoe I will try that.

PDL123

PDL123, which route are you going? just curious

PDL123

Probably go with the coverage groups as they have a PRI.

Thanks for your help.

PDL123

I agree that smokinjoe2938 gave you your best options. If you don't have CM 6.3 with the ability to have 100 people in one answer group, which I'm guessing you done, be aware that if you use answer groups the first 8 people will get the incoming call first, every time. I can see potential complaints down the road they are always answering calls to the main number and no one else is. Or depending on call volume and who is or isn't it, it might be the first and second group, etc. Eventually the first group might just not answer calls and they will always go to the second group, and they will get tired of always answering the calls and let the next group answer it, etc.

Using the other solution of everyone having a call appearance might be something you reconsider. However, this setup will allow at least 6 people to all pickup and answer the call at the same time. I don't think your customer would like 6 people all saying "hello" on the line at the same time. You need to set up what's known as the Privacy Feature. This will only allow the first person to answer the line to be on the bridged appearance the call came in on.

Check out 98Converter's post here about what you need to do to set this up: thread690-1602989

But I can also see users complaining that they can't pickup the call (because someone else already answered it).

A hunt-group could work, but you would really need to also create agent ID's and have users log into their phone. You don't want to setup a hunt group that is going to send calls to the most idle phone or a uniform call distribution to phones that don't have someone there to answer it.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back