Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA 8700 - Call Transfer issues. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonemanrwj

Technical User
Nov 27, 2007
US
Transfer calls do not go through at times, is this timing
or a load balance issues? I've added call classifiers to each cabinet which did not seem to adjust the issue.

Some scenarios:

- press transfer, dial the extension then press transfer and the transfer will not complete.

- press transfer nothing happens at all.

Any words of advice would be apprecxiated.
Thanks.

Does the tranfering ext have all its SA buttons in use when attemting to transfer

How many call-appearances are there on the phones having problems?

Are there any other calls on hold on that phone when trying to transfer the call?

gblucas

clear the events and then check them after a call has failed

also try a "list trace" command on the station this should give you good information

Is this just users transferring between each other or an attendant fielding calls?

auto select any idle...is this set to YES or NO on set/sets experiencing problem

Load Balance your switch per port network you should have 8 t-1s per port network. The key to you questions is "Transfer calls do not go through at times" that tells me it cant be a button or a feature becasue you would beable to create the problem any time. But you most likely see it when you have alot of call volume. Some where there are some documents on this. But 8 t-1s per port network is a good rule of thumb. you could get away with 10. You can go in great detail on load balancing. Like how many digital boards / medpros / map-ds / anything that uses time slots which is just about everything some way some how oer port network.

Did you ever find a solution to this phoneman?

I'm having the exact same issue.

A list trace shows nothing, just the button press. I've also had this issue with my receptionists the most. The list tra atte will show "Idle attendant" when trying to release a call for a transfer.

Any update is greatly appreciated.

What version of CM and are you using integrated music source?

I have to say this because I have seen it too many times for various reasons.
During the transfer attempt does the transferor receive dial-tone before dialing the transfer to extension??
No dialtone/no transfer!
Single bridged appearances require you to press another/any call-appearance to receive dial-tone to complete the act, for example.
Lack of sufficient dtmf-tone receiver ports will cause that on analog stations if the call volume is high, also.

Telcomwork....

I'm running CM3.1.2 ??

Integrated music source is where my hold music comes from.

Phonesrus...
No dial tone for the transferror. Pressing the button simply makes a beep sound on the phone and shows in a list tra stat "Transfer" each time I push the button.

Can you try changing from integr / wav to an external / analog source.

I'm on 3.1.2 as well and had a simular issue where agent would have to hit transfer/confers a few times to get the call connected ansd sometimes not at all. I change to analog and my issues is resovled. Avaya was suppose to get back to me with a patch but still waiting and haven't had time to circle back with my projects going on

Or if you have afterhours and not 24/7 program it to none...

telcomwork -- I've put it to tone...

Will that sufficient instead of making it the external source?

Anything other then integr just to test. Maybe be wrong but worth a try since I had simular problems.

wonderful. It is set to tone -- I'll keep in contact with my attendants and by week end I'll post an update.

Just adding here:
I took the music and made it something else -- people are still having troubles transferring.

CHA COR X" - page 2.
Set "Block Enhanced Conference/Transfer Displays" to N to see the expanded conference/transfer messages. Can help in pinpointing errors.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back