Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA 8700 - Call Transfer issues. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonemanrwj

Technical User
Nov 27, 2007
US
Transfer calls do not go through at times, is this timing
or a load balance issues? I've added call classifiers to each cabinet which did not seem to adjust the issue.

Some scenarios:

- press transfer, dial the extension then press transfer and the transfer will not complete.

- press transfer nothing happens at all.

Any words of advice would be apprecxiated.
Thanks.

sf0751 -- I've verified that change. Unfortunately I do not think it will make a difference.

Those are the message that show "Hang up now to transfer" right? I alerady see those.

Yes, those are the messages. You're not trying to transfer the call to an internal queue, are you?

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Nope -- the transfers have been to other extensions, VDNs, outside lines, etc

All types of things. At this point I think I've ruled out the problem lying within who is transferring to where. It's became a system wide issue I have noticed.

Last year, I had several reports of call transfers "not working". After checking everything twice that I could think of, without finding anything wrong, I finally gave the complaining departments a form to complete whenever they had issues with call transfers. It included dates, times, call destination, transferring extension - everything. Since the users were also in my call centers, I also put some of the more frequent problem agents on Agent Trace in CMS. They had to give me the error sheet within 24 hours of experiencing the problem or else I would not investigate the issue.

Turns out I had two bad station designs and the rest was user error. (You can't transfer a call to a VDN until the call has been answered). But it took about 3 months to finally put everything to rest.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

That works for transferring calls to/from a VDN.

The problem is still occuring when transferring station to station and off net.

This is also a system wide issue not just isolated to the attendants.

I've tried having departments fill out trouble logs as well.
It seems when you ask fore this the complaints cease.
The users want to notify about the issue but then become
almost annoyed when asked to assist with pinpointing the issue.

Music source is not the problem, we have always used an external source and the issue is ever present.

I've added 5 call classifiers (1 per cabinet) at the direction of AVAYA. The issue seems to have decreased
but is still present.

Has anyone been able to come up with a solution to this?

Have you tried reading some service packs and patches on the downloads website of the avaya support website? There are some known issues that might solve this problem.

Phonemanrwi said:
I've tried having departments fill out trouble logs as well.
It seems when you ask fore this the complaints cease.
The users want to notify about the issue but then become
almost annoyed when asked to assist with pinpointing the issue.
My stand is clear on this - if my users cannot take the time to report the issue correctly to me, giving me the information that I need (and that is available to them), then I can't take the time to research the problem and find a solution.

Susan

That is so true about the users not wanting to help out with figuring the problem. I do understand it is my job to troubleshoot, however, there is a point where I can not do anymore without the assistance of the problem see'er.

I've looked through all the patches available for my platform on the Avaya site and read the release notes. Nothing.

I have Avaya maintenance getting turned on in just a week or so so I can update when they fix/find the problem.

What do you see under display events?
Any 2049 errors? 'No Voip Resource'
Do calls get disconnected when trying to transfer?
Do you use music on hold?
How many locations does your system cover?

The issue I just fixed regarding transfers had an analog port as the music source. Several times a day system wide with the exception of the location that had the S8300 transferring a call would disconnect the transferred party.
As a test I remove the music source completely for a few days to see if things improved and they did. After that I built a group announcement for locally sourced announcements and using the VAL manager I moved an announcement .wav file to the seven gateways in the network that have T1 trunks. No further issues have been reported.

Thanks.
Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back