Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 6.3 CM / SM / SMGR - 9640 Acquiring Service ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prei11y92

Technical User
Oct 15, 2013
US
Hello

I have just upgraded one of my 9640's to the 2.6 latest release of Firmware (96xx-IPT-SIP-R2_6_10-132005)
The upgrade went fine, no issues at all.

I boot it up, it gets it settings file and proceeds to ask me to login in, after I enter a valid station and security code. I receive the "Acquiring service" and Triangle Exclamation. this station shows up in user management on SM as well as in CM.

In my SM dashboard, everything is good to go, all green and all tests pass, replication is up and allow new service is enabled.
my SIP trunk in CM is up and in service, trunk group members are idle signaling group is in service and idle. Under smgr replication all is synchronized and green.

just curious if anyone may have some pointers for me to check out.

Could my 46xxsettings file hang the phone up ? I have the latest Avaya 46xxsettings file with almost everything commented out.
just a few SIP specific items in the SIP Service section.

Thanks - PR

What version of firmware did you upgrade from? The newer firmware uses a different parameter in the 46xxsettings.txt file to set the SM address.

96x0 SIP R2.4 used the SIPPROXYSRVR parameter to set the SM address. 96x0 SIP R2.4.1 and higher uses the SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST parameter.

Usually when "Acquiring service" is display, it cannot communicate with SM. You can see if the SIP messages are reaching SM by logging into the Linux shell on the management interface of SM 6.3 and running the command traceSM -uni

Thanks Redphone,

I did verify that I have the correct settings in my 46xxsettings.txt file.
both my 9641 and 9640 (both on the latest F/W) are exhibiting the same behavior.

My 323 phones register to CM with no issue, I double checked just in case there were any other underlying issues.

sip sets do not show up as registered in SM - under user registrations. I am soooo close.

OK figured this one out, for the testing that I am conducting, I had to turn my SIP entities to TCP / 5060. on my Presence server once that was toggled back to TLS / 5061 - from TCP, all came into service immediately.

so the phones are showing registered in SM now. Now to correct this dial plan routing issue

thank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back