Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 3PCC phone understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotelmotelpatel

Technical User
Sep 6, 2012
US
Have J179 & 139 3PCC phones (700513630) & (700513917)
When the phone is factory defaulted the HTTPS is 0.0.0.0, when put onto the network it populates the field with av.ringcentral.com. If I remove the av.ringcentral.com and set the auto-provision to inactive it displays waiting for configuration which I understand the HTTPS server is empty and needs to download config file. If I enable the auto provision again it will populate the HTTPS to av.ringcentral.com.
According to the Avaya’s 3PCC FAQ Avaya cloud Office
it states:
If there are entries in the provisioning field of anything other than blank or "av.ringcentral.com" then these need to be investigated.
It shows login and password and SIP Proxy empty.

A new 3PCC phone, boots and asks for an enrollment code.
I know this is for Device Enrollment Services.
The issue I am trying to understand is why some phones populate with the av.ringcentral.com and some will ask for an enrollment code.
The phones with the av.ringcentral.com it does not matter if DES discovery is enabled or not and that the environment settings for the phone does not make a difference. Firmware on the phones do not seem to make a difference. I could not get the phones to ask for enrollment code.

Question, is the phones with the av.ringcentral.com tied to an account or is the phones not asking for an enrollment code because it is not entered into the DES?
What determines if it comes up with enrollment code, av.ringcentral.com or 0.0.0.0 (blank)?
Read many pdfs and asked other techs in the field and could not get an answer that was satisfactory
Appreciate if someone could put some light on this.
Thanks in advance

The big question would be "to what are you trying to connect the phones". If its an IP Office system then set the http address to the IP address of the IP Office.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks sizbut, I probably should have stated that I can get all these to work on IP office platform. I was more to referring to putting them onto a network and provisioning them to a service provider. I can actually get them provisioned to a provider and they will come up and working, but the provider does like doing it that way. The provider likes them to use enrollment codes to connect to their service. That is why I was wondering why some phones will come up with enrollment code and other come up as av.ringcentral.com and asks for login and password. Thanks

Probably the phone MAC or Serial is stored in a provisioning server.

Usually all Avaya phones connect to an Avaya server to get a provisioning URL. The phone system provider usually enters the identifier (MAC/S/N) in his server and sends an information to the manufacturer to send the provider's URL to the phone.

So in your case the phone asks Avaya DES and Avaya DES tells the phone to reach out to the Ringcentral provisioning server.

You have to ask Ringcentral (or maybe the Avaya Cloud Office team) to remove the phone's (MAC/Serial) from their database.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Thank you derfloh, I had my suspicions that was the case, but was looking for some kind of confirmation. I was informed that they were not in a database, The thing that made me stop and ponder was the line from the 3pcc PDF from Avaya that stated, If there are entries in the provisioning field of anything other than blank or "av.ringcentral.com" then these need to be investigated.
Thanks again derfloh, I will assume that they are in a database, which makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back