Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AV Server rollout to Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
US
When performing an AV Server rollout using NAV 7.5 Enterprise, I get an error stating:
&quot;Setup has not received an update status from <ServerName>. The server may still be updating or an error occurred on the server. Do you want to continue waiting for server status?&quot;

The installation doesn't halt at 100% as Nortons help support document states. It performs the copying, and then halts at 0%. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

And the answer is...it doesn't work. If you have checked all the articales on Symantec web site you too will find no solution to this as I did...then I realised that as long as I covered the entry points to the network (Mail server, Firewall, PCs) then I was adequately protected. Real-time scans on Terminal Server become unnecesary and are too much of a CPU overhead for many servers. Scheduling a scan will probably run into the backup so I would not bother.

If you realy must install nav ce on the terminal serve there is a way reconfigure the serve to be remote administration or uninstall terminal services temporailily then install nav then reconfigure as application server this is how symantec says to workaround this issue
note: when you reconfigure the application server to remote admin you will see a list of programs that &quot;may not work properly after the changes&quot; the same when going back the other way I have in the past made this change and it did not affect the listed programs however I would still make a backup before proceeding. Also note that nav ce will nnot work for the terminal sessions i/e when someone is in the terminal server from a remote site their window will show the nav icon with a ! on it because it is disabled. This does not afffect the main screen on the server itself

If you realy must install nav ce on the terminal serve there is a way reconfigure the serve to be remote administration or uninstall terminal services temporailily then install nav then reconfigure as application server this is how symantec says to workaround this issue
note: when you reconfigure the application server to remote admin you will see a list of programs that &quot;may not work properly after the changes&quot; the same when going back the other way I have in the past made this change and it did not affect the listed programs however I would still make a backup before proceeding. Also note that nav ce will nnot work for the terminal sessions i/e when someone is in the terminal server from a remote site their window will show the nav icon with a ! on it because it is disabled. This does not afffect the main screen on the server itself

NAV 7.6 is the first version that supports TSE according to Symantec. It doesn't impart any special protection to clients but is designed to install cleanly on a NT TSE server using server install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back