Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autoplay/start CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogybaby

Vendor
Apr 3, 2001
NL
I am deperately searching the autoplay function in win2000pro. I don't find the win 98 checkbox "autoinsert notification" in win 2000. It must be easy I guess :)

I don't know what you're trying to do, but I know that some Win2k discs don't come with autorun on them, as well as some discs from other software vendors.

If you are trying to create an autorun, then just create an autorun.ini file with the following data:

[autorun]
open = whatever.exe

;use the following line if you want to display an icon for your CD

ICON = icon.ico

Hope this helps...

Go download Tweakui for Windows 2000. Install it.

In the paranoia tab you can disable the autoplay feature (I assume that's what you're needing).

On the other hand if you're wanting to disable the autorun entirely (no more Install automatically popping up), do this:

Run regedit.

Locate and click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back