Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated queries ?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirnehator

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2009
CA
i'm looking for some assistance to figure out what my computer is doing. i keep getting this error message when i open up google. i have attached a pic link that may describe it a bit better.

the error is: we are sorry but your network or computer may be sending out automated queries. to protect or users we can't process your request at this time. and then it show a character box to confirm that i'm human.

never seen this before and i'm wondering what my computer is up too. i think i may be getting hacked. any advice is greatly appreciated. thank you

thanks for the links. i was still unable to solve the issue. i tried clearing the browser cache and cookies. And i definitely ran the virus scan, by two different vendors even.

Try setting your DNS, on the LAN Adapter properties, to the following:

these are from the OpenDNS service...

Change DNS Settings in Windows XP

also have Malwarebyte AntiMalware scan your PC...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

report back...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

This is only very loosely related but it may give you a few ideas of other things to look at for troubleshooting purposes.

BIG Problem with Google
thread779-1521930

Can you get there via an IP Address such as 66.102.11.104 typed in the browser address bar?

If you try IE 8 and make the Default Search Provider Google, and then type a search term in the search box of IE do you get the same error?

Is your IP Address of your Computer Static, can your ISP changed your address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back