Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Attendant Initial Greeting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Partner Messaging v7

Hi everyone - I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a greeting that would supercede the main menu prompt of the auto attendant. For example, if the business were to be closed for a day, is there a greeting I could use to initially thank people for calling, then alert them to the closing, and then the main menu greeting would kick in? I wouldn't think I would have to re-record the main menu prompt every time there would be a small change in the schedule. Just wondering if this is possible on the Partner Messaging system.

Many thanks!

night greeting or if you already use that for nights then make a temporary schedule and record that for your purposes and activate it. Works only for 7 days maximum then you have to reactivate it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

That was perfect, thanks Tommy.

The generate document on your link was great! It saved me from having to dial into a system to generate this for a customer. One question, though. Does the temporary greeting have the same ability to utilize programmed prompts for call routing, etc or is it just acting as an announcement?

As the document states, the Temporary Closure Greeting plays, and then the regular NIGHT greeting plays. So whatever you've got set up in the night menu is what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back