Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate adding to Local Admin Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHay

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
AU
Hi All

Is there a way to automate adding the Domain Users Group or the Domain User to the local Administrators group on PCs in a domain??

I want the users on the domain to still have full administration rights to their PC. However, I want to try and avoid going to each PC to add the Domain Users Group to the local PC's Administrator group.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Paul Hay

I would go for a login script that checks that the workstations has had the global group added, i.e. by the presence of a txt file in the root of c:, if not run a simple script file to add the global group to it.
I'll try and post more details when I get some more time unless someone else gets there first. Hope this is of some help.

Do you use imaging?

If you do, you can add the group before you deploy the wks by doing it in the image. The group will appear as unknown until the workstation is added to the domain then it will understand the sid of the account and become a valid group again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back