Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Redial 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Is there an auto redial feature that will automatically redial a busy outside number in the magix?
I thought the old Busy Buster feature did that but I don't think the magix will do it.
All I found was a Callback feature, but it looks like it just calls you back if the line pool is busy or if you reach a busy extension.

You can, however put on a Saved Number Redial button, which will "remember" teh number dialed for a later use.

Pepperz@charter.net

Years ago, MERLIN II had a feature called BUSY BUSTER.

The week before the product "went live", HQ sent us new pages for all of our manuals that eliminated all reference to that feature.

Some of them (MERLIN II's) still have the feature, but you would play heck finding it.

I understand they used to use it a lot in Mexico where you had to wait a long time to get a line or path to where you were calling.

Again, more help than we need.......

Why did they want to eliminate all reference to the feature?

it would call the party , when they picked up the call ,it would ring you back , most of the times the reaction was to long , you would pick up and no was their, because the calling party would hang up as no one was their on their end, most of the times that would happen alot of compaints

Actually, there is probably a way to do this with a modem and some 3rd party software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back