Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto conference or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

optonic

Programmer
Mar 22, 2006
NL
Hi,

We want to setup something for our internal emergency help.

Is it possible to create a kind of conference call for a specific group of numbers if there is an emergency that they can call a specific number to create an auto conference call to discuss the next steps??

I hope I'm clear otherwise let me know please.

thx for your help

forgot to mention.
We are running a 3300 icp with 7.1.4.9

Not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, is there people who are going to be sat at there phones at the ready? etc etc?

The best thing is to get the AWC (Audio Web conferencing) from Mitel. This is an App on the MAS and is marketed from Mitel as a great tool for emergency. You dial into a conference and people can be in that conference waiting and as soon as you enter the conference you can start chatting. The conference can then be recorded for future training / review etc.

Not cheap cheap and you'll need a server but very effective

our current situation is a following.

when somebody calls 222, an emergency signal goes off in the factory.
A person from our first aid group calls then 223 and he is connected to the person who called 222.
But we want that mulitple people can added automaticly to that call if nessesary.

Is this not possible with the current programming on our Mitel icp?

you could do something the barge in, so have a key system key appearance of ext 222 and they should be able barge in to create a conf call

Here's something I've always wanted to try for years but never got around to it or had a reason like your's to try.
Take an analog extension line a put a 600ohm resister across the tip and ring. Program the extension line as a "non-busy" extension. My theory is, the phone will look like it's always off hook. Since it's a non busy extension, any call to it will auto-barge into it.

If you try that, let me know how it works.

Ralph

Program a Non-busy station. From the 3300 Help files:

Non-busy Extension
Description:
Non-busy Extension (NBE) lets you program an extension never to return busy tone. This feature is used for special situations (such as emergency stations).

If the NBE is idle when it is called, it rings normally. If several people call the NBE, they all receive ringback tone. When the NBE is answered, all of the callers are conferenced with the NBE. Any callers over the maximum allowed for a Conference are queued on the NBE. As callers release from the Conference, waiting callers join the conference in order of queuing.

Conditions and Feature Interactions
Non-busy Extensions cannot originate calls unless they are also programmed as a hotline extension. The ability to originate hotline calls allows callers to the NBE to enter into a conference with the NBE and the hotline destination. The hotline call must be set up before the conference can occur.

Override cannot be used to override a call made to a Non-busy Station.

A Non-busy Station cannot be placed on Hold.

Calls can be transferred, forwarded, or rerouted to a Non-busy Station.

When one member of a conference is a Non-busy Station, Privacy and Override Security are disabled.

Non-busy Station is not supported for Hot Desk users.

Programming
Enable Non-Busy Ext. in the Analog Sets form.

Enable Conference Call in the Class of Service Options form.

Here is an elegant solution that allows Non-Busy extension keys on MultiButton sets which I believe would be ideal for your task.

faq1329-5872

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back