Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendent

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpski

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
US
Hello. Is it possible to ave the auto attendetn pick up calls on non-did lines. Currently they are going to the QCC
Thanks

Will

Sure is. Under Extensions>Group Calling>Lines/Pools, enter the Calling Group extension of Voice Mail, then the Line numbers (Usually 8xx) of the lines you want to answer. Then in the Voice mail system, set the appropriate autoattendant to answer these lines. TipHelp@charter.net

Thanks!!!! right under my nose

is the calling group number the auto attendent extension that I have set up in the Voice mail admin software?

No, the Calling group number is in the Merlin system itself and is generally 770. Also you'll need to got to EXTENSIONS > LINES/TRUNKS and remove those lines from the console.

franke

it will not let me add for this group. I have tried 7929 and removed these lines from the operator and the messaging is still not picking up. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help

Will

If you have a Qcc console then you have to remove the lines from that console first, under operator ,then lines not(extensions,lines).If you still you can't assign the lines to the hunt group of the VM(calling group i.e 770 or7929)thats means either the lines are assigned to another calling group or its still assigned to the QCC console.By the way by assigning the lines to the calling the VM will pick up immediately.

Good Luck.

thanks I found that there was another calling group assigned.

Tha nks for everyones help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back