Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Attendant schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangus581

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
Allright, here is the deal. I need to let an operator (set via a hunt group most likely) answer all our calls during business hours. After hours, the Auto-attendant needs to handle the calls.

System MICS 6.1
NAM 4.1.05

I see the option of 'Ringing Service' which might work? Have the line in question grabbed by the ringing service, ring the appropriate hunt group during the day, and the VM at night? Can I transfer a call into the VM system, and have the AA take over? Another option is to transfer the call externally, back into one of our DID #'s that is answered by the AA still.

Figured I would ask before spending hours trying to make it work...

Setup your day Hunt Group as normal. Then use Ringing Service to send call to Vmail DN at night. You can do it manualy (Ftr871) or on Auto.

Adversity is Opportunity

Wouldnt that just attempt to log into the voicemail? I have tried calling in and dialing the VM DN, it says its not available...

If an outside line rings on the Vmail DN the AA will answer. It's different if you call from internal dialtone.

Adversity is Opportunity

Ok, was trying to set this up finally today... and it seems I cant use a Hunt Group in a ring group?

This causes a minor issue for me... as I had intended to ring one DN for roughly 30 seconds, if its not answered I want to ring a group of 4....

Any ideas?

Just CFNA your one DN to the HG. Then your Ringing Group would take precedence at night.

Adversity is Opportunity

Is there a particular reason you want to use a Hunt Group?
Are you sure you understand what Hunt Groups do and how Ringing Service works?

How many DN's are in the Hunt Group?

If you can post the exact call flow you desire, we can help?

-SD-

SD.... Concept flow is this.

Call comes in during normal hours. I want to ring the phones like so:

DN 201 & DN 202 Ring for rouhly 30 sec... If no answer I want 201, 202, 203 and 207 to ring until answered. Each DN has its own VM, so FNA wont work I dont think?

After hours, I want the AA to handle calls.

I think I may have it figured out now...

Set up ring service for NIGHT use. Direct that using a ring group to the AA DN. During the day, have the target line assigned to the Hunt Group I desire.

Am I on the right track now?

Only thing I cant figure out now... is my schedule. I want my 'night' schedule to be from 4:00PM to 7:30AM week nights, and follow through friday night until monday morning.

How would I program this?

Keep in mind, I am using NRU

Set the service for "Manual".
Then activate it from the control set using F871.
You can also use F*3 to program Feature 871 to a button so the operator/control set can activate the service at night and turn it off in the morning.

-SD-

Cant I just program it for auto? Much easier to not have to remember....

hmmm that had the best of hope....

Trying to assing the hunt group to the target line doesnt work...

Back to square one I think.

There is a catch with Line Assignment.
Any line assigned to a Hunt Group can not also appear/ring on any member of that Hunt Group.
The line will take precedence and override the Hunt Group.

-SD-

Day: DNs 201, and 202 in HG 1. Then have HG 1 Overflow to HG 2, which includes DNs 201, 202, 203, and 207.

Night: Setup Ringing Service as posted already, use Manual setup for now, Ftr871. So, you can see it will work. Then set to Auto later. The Control Sets display will say Services On. When in Auto it will say *Services On.

I think you can figure out how to set the hours.

Adversity is Opportunity

So is that my problem? I have the line assigned to a Set DN? Therefore denying me adding it as a hunt group?

I will look into it more in the AM

Thanks alot guys! You have been a big help to me over the years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back