Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant callers can't hear rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
CM 3.1.4 Intuity LX 1.1

In my main auto-attendant I've discoverd that outside callers do not hear the transfer tone or rings when they make a choice and are getting transferred. The caller just 'hears' dead air until the phone is picked up or voicemail kicks in. If I call the AA internally, I hear the transfer tone and rings.

Dead air for the amount of time it takes for 3 rings a transfer and one ring into voicemail is long enough that most callers would hang up thinking they were disconnected.

It's surprising that no one has ever noticed this over the years, but on the other hand I can't imagine how I could change anything that would cause this behavior.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Hi,
How your auto attendant is organized? If it is on ACM can you show vector steps? If it is Intuity autoattendant first tell us which telephony integration is used with Intuity analog or an ISDN lines?

It's an Intuity AA. The switch is an S8300 integrated via analog lines.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

I would start checking the setting on system-parameters feature:
Music (or Silence) On Transferred Trunk Calls:all (default is "all" - recommended). What do you have in this field?

Also check "Data restriction fields" on analog stations which are used for Intuity integration. If these fields are enabled no tones will go through the lines to caller. Same if Data Privacy is enabled in COS used for the transferred lines.

The vast majority of my station are using COS 1 which has Data Privacy = 'y'. This inclused the Intuity integration stations.

What are the other remifications of turning that off?

Jeff

Data Privacy protects analog data calls from being disturbed by any of the system’s overriding or ringing features. I don't think you protected your extensions in information security prospective anyhow!
I think you should try to disable data privacy at least on Intuity lines.
Hope it helps.

Made the change to all 8 Intuity ports and one of the stations being transferred to. No difference.

Jeff

Ok then check "Data Restriction" in all 8 Intuity integration stations. Should be NO.

There is special note in admin guide that Data restriction must be off for attendant lines which provide transfer of calls otherwise it will block all tones to transferred party.

No data restrictions.

The most confusing part is if I 4 digit dial the AA internally and make a choice, I hear all tones normally. It only affects outside callers.

I don't see any settings that look like they're supposed to work differently for inside vs. outside calls.

Jeff

Did you check on system-parameters feature: Music (or Silence) On Transferred Trunk Calls I asked before?

Yes. It's set to 'all'.

Jeff

Interesting note I have found in Admin guide:
The COS for all hunt groups defaults to 1. Therefore, any changes to COS 1 on the Class of Service screen changes the COS for all your hunt groups. A COS field does not appear on the Hunt Group screen.
It means if you have data privacy -yes in COS-1 it may impact calls to hunt group. Would you like to try temporary disable it in COS 1?

I tried and it made no difference.

Jeff

Don't lose hope :) Just in case check this fragment from Intuity LX installation doc:
(Switch Integration Troubleshooting section).

Setting Additional Call Progress Tones
In some cases, your circumstances might require that you assign more than one set of parameters for a certain call progress tone. For example, if your switch and the switch at your public telephone network office use different dial tone parameters, you might need to set both in your INTUITY system.
Use this procedure to set the frequencies and cadence the INTUITY AUDIX system recognizes for additional call progress tones. As many as three additional tones can be specified as either busy tone, dial tone, reorder tone, or ring tone. Like the basic tones, each additional tone is made up of one or two frequencies and consists of a series of on and off timing cycles (cadence). Unlike the basic tones (Dial, Busy or Reorder), you cannot enable any additional tone you set to be recognized as a disconnect signal.

To set the frequencies and cadence the system recognizes for additional call progress tones:

1. Start at the Messaging Administration main menu and select:

Switch Administration
Tones Administration

The system displays the Tones Administration page.
2. Select one of the following menu items corresponding to the additional tone you want to set:
* First Add Tone
* Second Add Tone
* Third Add Tone

The page for the tone you selected displays. If the parameters have been previously administered, the system displays the current values instead. If the parameters have not been previously administered, the value in the Report as field is unused.

The Tones Administration page—First Add Tone shows the First Additional Tone page. Pages for the other additional tones are identical except for their titles.
3. Enter the values in the Frequency fields. See the Tones Administration page—Field Descriptions.
4. Click Capture.
The First Add Tone page is displayed.
5. From the drop-down list, select the Opcodes, and Channels.
6. Enter the appropriate tone name in the Report as: field, corresponding to the additional basic tone you are defining. For example, if you are defining an additional dial tone, enter dial.
7. Click Capture and Analysis.
8. Click Save.
The system displays a message that the changes have been made and for you to stop and start the messaging system to accept the page settings.
9. Stop and start the messaging system to accept the settings.

I would check Ring-back tone. Does it make sense?

I have defined tones for Dial, Busy, Ring and Reorder. The First, Second and Third additional tones are unused.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back