Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura Off Net Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

buthead

Technical User
Jul 1, 2005
US
Good Morning Everyone. I have a user that wants to forward his calls off net via his SAC button. Heads up, I'm a Nortel guy trying to figure to figure this out :) I created a Vector/VDN and new Cover path. Assigned the VDN to Point 1 in the cover path. All calls will follow the cover though. How do I have calls go to VM after 3 rings and off site via SAC. Do I need to use a different button, aka FAC/autdial and not SAC? Thank you in advance.

change coverage remote 1

find an entry. Pretend it's 22

put in 9NPANXX-XXXX or whatever he'd dial from the phone to call his own cell

add a new coverage path with first coverage point r22

Give the guy the coverage path.

That means after his phone rings 2 times (default for the cov path) that it'll try the remote number. If you put r=3 in there, it'll ring it 3 times. If the 2nd point of coverage is h99 for voicemail - which is a convention - it'll go to PBX voicemail after.

Kyle,
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to head in to the office tomorrow and do some testing. There is nothing in any of the remote tables. I put the off site number in list 1 entry 1. I've added it to his cover There must be some "user intervention", I'm not sure how the station knows to follow that remote cover path. How does it know what entry to follow? Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. I've seen a lot of your posts on this forum. Thank you for helping me out.

Morning Kyle,
After some coffee this morning I realized how the remote tables work. Last night I didn't pay attention to the unique numbering in each group. Each thousand is uniquely numbered. Anyway, I've assigned R1 as the first point, but no love. I just get a busy. The station has "console permissions", so it can do trunk to trunk. Any ideas. TY

Thanks for that tip Kyle. I "fat figured" my stuff. Incoming calls now follow R1, the first cover path. If I activate SAC, they go immediately. I'm not clear on how calls will stay "on prem" if R1 is set at the first cover point though. I may not have described my problem clear enough. He wants everything to go to Aura VM on site while he is in the building. When he goes to his other location, he wants the calls to go there on the first ring by simply pushing a button on his set before he leaves. I would think an external CFW would do that. Thoughts?

Kyle, a CFW button seems to be what I need. Is there a way to have the destination number always programmed in so the user doesn't need to put it in?

There's a change coverage path feature code and he can have 2 coverage paths.

One that goes to normal PBX voicemail after a few rings
One that goes to the R1 number

If he changed his coverage path to his 2nd one and activated send all calls, then it'd go to the other office

If his 2nd cov path has r1 for a few rings and then hunt 99 for local PBX voicemail, it can stay in his local PBX mailbox if he doesn't answer at the remote site.

Good intel Kyle. Let me play with that a bit. Thank you for your time and help. Much appreciated.

You could also program an autodial button that has the call forward feature code plus the phone number on the user's telephone. The same thing applies with the change coverage feature code. If you do program an autodial to perform the forwarding or coverage change, you may want to program a second autodial to put things back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back