Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura dropping unconnected calls after 3mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

polska1979

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
GB
Hi

We are trying to pass calls from our CS1K over SM into Aura, do some vector programming (collect digits) then route to a CDN back in the cs1k.

Very basic, using the SM SIP routing trunks.

However, we noticed that callls that rang unanswered dropped after 3 minutes of ringing.

We thought this may be an issue on the trunk but the same issue happens if we put an internal call into the CM from another CM. If there is no coverage then the CM drops the call after 3 minutes of ringing.

This is aura 6.3, SIP handsets

Can anyone help? We thought the signalling group and the session establishment timer needed to be adjusted from the 3 minutes, but when changed to 4 or 5 minutes the calls still dropped.

Hi

I tested on a One X softphone connected via SIP, removed coverage path and as you say after three minutes the call is dropped by CM.
I see a 480 Temporarily Unavailable message sent to calling party originating from the CM.

This was tested on HA CM patched to 7.0.1.3

Could this be a CM system default?

Look in the signaling group at the session establishment timer. I'll bet it's at 3 minutes.

Who is going to hang on a ringing line for that long?

When you changed the session establishment timer did you busyout and then release the associated trunks before testing the new setting?

Hi, this also happens if we place an internal call between aura stations

From what I have read the timer on the Signalling page is for aknowledgement of SIP connect attempts

We have figured out a way around this by getting the CDN to play some hold music after picking up the call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back