Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura 6.2 FP 3 or 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Trying to do a few things.. I want to select a FP to standardize on, but there are some questions regarding the compatibility matrix.. Mainly around AES.

I understand Aura 6.2 FP 4 has a specific set of versions for each application. I was about to bring my SMGR from 6.3 to 6.3.8.. same for ASM and then start CM 6.3.6; However, we just went through an AES upgrade from 6.3.0 to 6.3.1 SP1. In the FP4 notes it mentions AES 6.3.3 as the version to be on. However in the 6.3.1 SP1 release notes it mentions:

"9. What are the CM requirements for the Application Enablement Services 6.3.1 Super Patch 1?
AE Services 6.3.1 supports CM 5.x and later."

On the AVAYA DEVConnect page for AES 6.3.1 it lists CM 6.3.2 as the supported version and nothing further.

So, can I leave AES 6.3.1 SP1 and move fwd with the rest of the other version upgrades? I'm definitely not getting approval to go to AES 6.3.3 after what we recently went through so AES is going to drive the direction of the rest of these Apps.

What ASAI version does your AES use to CM and for its external applications? Sure, there's bug fixes and minor useful feature enhancements, but for the most part, if your call recording software is compatible with release 4 of AES, then it functionally won't matter all that much if your AES were 5.2, 6.3.1 or 6.3.3. It just depends what minor bugs you're willing to live with along with the face that you may never encounter those bugs the way you use AES anyway. Its primarily for your RCC Lync stuff, right?

YYes only for rcc to Lync 2013. Just want to make sure I don't break anything going to the latest cm

That was a great link.. thanks. Seems like I should be good staying on my 6.3.1 AES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back