Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix Issue, Call is being transfer to Voice Mail instead Ringing 1st on user's Phone num.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya033

Technical User
Jan 6, 2011
PR
Hello

I have a Customer with an Avaya S8300 5.2 , with Integrated Messaging. I have program a Automated Attendant with several options. When providing the Automated Message, I provide the following Message.

For Directory by last Name select 7 for example. Once a Customer selects this option, The Audix Automated extension 5551, provides the following Message: Please dial the First Four Letter of the last Name of the User you would like to Reach.

Once the Caller dial's the 1st four letter's, the Call is being transfer to the User's Voice Mail instead of Ringing First on the Extension. If the User is Not is Desk or does not answer the call at the 3rd Ring, the call should route to the User's Voice Mail.

What should I Look for !!!

On your menu do you have the treatment set at call-answer? This sends the call directly to vm. I think you need to have the treatment set as transfer.

Hello,

I have changed to transfer, but when I dial in to my customer main Auto-Attendant and dial my Auto-Attendant Extension 5551 or select option 7 for Dial buy Last name, I gives me the following Message: You Have Selected an Invalid Option, try again later. If I change it back to Call answer and I dial this ext 5551 again, it will drive my call to the Voice Mail User Extension Directly.

I also have create new Extension 5580 program correctly with Auto-Attendant for Dial by Last Name using the same format Below and Now Receive another Massage: Attendant Service Not available, try again.

I have the following Program for ext. 5560 Dial By Last name:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom COS Sections (optional)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARAMETERS
Addressing Format: Name, Login Announcement Set: System
System Multilingual is: ON Call Answer Primary Annc. Set: System
Call Answer Language Choice: NO, Call Answer Secondary Annc. Set: System
Messaging Locale: Default (English)
PERMISSIONS
Type: auto-attendant Announcement Control: NO, Outcalling: NO,
Priority Messages: YES , Broadcast: NONE, MCAPI Access: yes
MCAPI Message Transfer: YES , Fax Creation: YES, Trusted Server Access: YES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INCOMING MAILBOX
Order: FIFO Category Order: NUO
Retention Time, New, 10 days
Retention Time, Old 10 days
Retention Time, Unopened 10 days
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUTGOING MAILBOX
Order FIFO
Category Order unfda
Retention Time, File 10 days
Delivered/None deliverable 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MISCELLANEOUS
Voice Mail Message (seconds), Maximum Length 1200 Minimum Needed 32
Call Answer Message (seconds), Maximum Length 1200 Minimum Needed 8
End of Message Warning Time (seconds)
Maximum Mailing Lists 25 Total Entries in all Lists 250
Mailbox Size (seconds), 8400 Maximum Minimum Guarantee 0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUTOMATED ATTENDANT MENU
Allow Call Transfer: no
Button Extension Treatment Comment
1: e Transfer by last name
2: e Transfer by last name
3: e Transfer by last name
4: e Transfer by last name
5: e Transfer by last name
6: e Transfer by last name
7: e Transfer by last name
8: e Transfer by last name
9: e Transfer by last name
0: call-answer
Timeout: call-answer
Length Of Time-Out On Initial Entry 9

The reason you're getting the new "attendant service not available" message could be because the auto attendant mailbox doesn't have a personal greeting recorded and activated.
Do you have an auto attendant working that allows transfer to extension dialed instead of transfer/call answer to name dialed? I'm wondering if the system is blocking all types of transfers.

Hello

Yes I have and Auto-Attendant that allow Customer to dial the extension user if they know it, after this message is when I provide the external customer the following Auto Attendant messages

Collect 4 digits after announcement 5600
Route-to number 1465 if dig = 0
route-to digits coverage = y

In this message I provide the customer the following messages
For our Directory by last name dial = 7
for our Depart. Directory Dial = 8
for our Receptionist dial = 0

But I have add to additional step Not herd under this message for test purpose, I have added step 20 an 21 in the vector, dial option 3 goto step 90 and dial 4 goto step 91
step 90 Route-to number 5560 if cov y unconditionally
step 91 route-to number 5580 if cov y unconditionally

These are two additional extension I added as Auto-Attendant by last Name also, both are Recorded indicating dial the 1st 4 letters of the user trying to Reach, I can hear the Message, Once I dial the extension directly, I can hear the message to press the 1st 4 letters of the last name. Once I Press the 1st letter I get the following message: You Have Selected an Invalid Option, It repeats twice and takes me to main Welcome Message again.

Another strange situation all 3 Extension are configure the same way in the Vector 1. If dial or Press 3 or 4 for either these two extension to be route, I don't get route to the Auto-Attendant extension by last name, I am being route to the Receptionist. These two extension are configure by Name and have it configure with e transfer like they should be. But if I dial option 7 that is Extension 5551, this is also configure by Name, but it is e call-answer. For test purpose also I have change it to be e transfer gives another message.

I am confuse, is there a Way can I provide access and see configuration, something is definetly bad
Need assistance, hope I am clear on my explanation.

The auto-attendant you are using for transferring to extensions is actually using an Announcement/ VDN/Vector on your CM, not the voicemail system.

To dial by name you are transferring the caller to an automated attendant mailbox on the voicemail system when the caller presses 7 from the vector step.

On automated attendant mailbox 5551, with the setting “e – call answer” you successfully get to the mailbox, but with “e-transfer” you get the “you have selected an invalid option” message. On this mailbox could you quickly change the addressing format from “name” to “extension” and set it at “e – transfer”. Place a call to it and dial a valid extension number and post your results.
This will prove the voicemail system is allowing call transfers, if it works.
(don’t forget to put mailbox 5551 back to the original settings after testing).

The problem you have with the 2 new test extensions could be something else. Make sure 5560 and 5580 are programmed identical to 5551 on the CM with the same coverage path to get to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back