Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix answers but you hear nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanccit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
One of our markets had a power supply failure in it's Intuity Audix system. they replaced the supply. If you dial audix, it answers but you do not hear the typical "welcome to audix" Same if you call an extension, it covers to h99, hunt group is sending it to one of the 12 analog stations set in the hunt group, it connects, but you do not hear an announcement, message, etc.

I have looked and looked around and cant find anything wrong. no alarms, switch link is up, voice channels all up in service, same with the cards. I have done a busyout, release, etc... ran the diags, all report good. rebooted the voice system, rebooted the audix system. no changes. It is as if the built in announcements have vanished. I am more of an add/remove/changes person, and have done just about everything I know how to do here. I did have it verify the software installation and I am seeing some errors as it looks at packages. mainly checksum erros like it sees a checksum of 514 but expects 515.

Any ideas? can you trace a call to an subscriber similar to tracing an extension? when I trace the ext it shows it dials into audix and is an active station.

any help would be awesome.

Bad DSP board(s) on the Audix?

What happens when you dial each of the individual stations versus calling the voice mail hunt group? Same effect? All stations answer but no audio?

I will have them check... I would think it would be the same as when I traced a station, I saw it dialed one of the stations... traced it again, it dialed a different station, same no audio. I cant check directly as I am doing this remote and am not in that market. DSP board is a good idea to check. I will have them reseat them and or see if they can find another one somewhere.

dial each of your voice mail ports, do they answer after 4 rings?

Yes all vm port extensions ring, then answer, and silence.

Sounds like DSP card issues. Anyone else have suggestions?

I, and probably joe2938, had hoped you had only a couple (maybe 4) ports of bad DSP resources. Then you could remove the non-functional stations from the voice mail hunt group and could function at half capacity until repaired. Sounds like the failed power supply took out the DSP board and/or motherboard as well. At this point, it doesn't look good. Make sure you have message/configuration backups as you might need to restore to a replacement unit.

yuck! I think the mother board is ok as the rest of the audix system seems to work... you can make users, change passwords, etc. I work for IheartMedia and we have a lot of radio stations that used to use Avaya, so we are hoping one of our other stations have some cards we can use. Waiting on that market to try reseating the cards as well. Thank you so far! I will keep you guys posted

your 2 digital voice cards are defective, replace them and pay attention to the dip switch settings when the new ones arrive, you need to replace them

thank you! do you folks know if this card is somewhat standard? is it an Ebay thing? or can it be purchased somewhere?

yes you can purchase them on the secondary market google is your friend

Another question about the DSP cards... are they separate from the 2 cards that have the RJ11 connectors on them?

ok ill advise them, they are now opening up the box and looking around

just make sure on the card you are buying as some take a single analog port and some take 3 analog ports on the same cable/port, also make sure they are connected in the correct order

Joe and gang, the director of engineering for that radio station is a top notch engineer/designer and he found that the power supply he replaced it with does not include the -5 volts that the DSP section needs. So, he has the correct supply coming on Friday. He found that these newer ATX supplies are not always providing -5 only +5 so I will keep you all posted :)

We have a new issue... when they pulled the supply and put the new one in, upon boot, it displays Sanity Error. The thought was the Cmos battery was dead and it lost its settings. New battery is in... Sanity Errors even on the old power supply. What can we check to see what got mis-configured? Any help would be awesome!

Bring in a qualified technician at this point to look at it

If this is one of the Dialogic-based Intuity systems, a working D/41JCT-LS can be had on eBay for about $20. It might be worth swapping one of the boards to observe for issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back