Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio interruption when cell phone get a text message

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965flyfisher

Vendor
Dec 9, 2011
US

This was very strange in an R11.0, VM pro, PRI.
I had set up mobile twinning which worked great. One Customer comes back to work and turns off the twinning.
She is on her 1616 talking and she gets a text message on her cell phone and it interrupts her audio on the phone for about 4-5 SEC. I found that turning off the IP Office mobility for her stopped the interruption.
I really don’t see why this was causing the problem.

Sounds like she's using the same headset for deskphone/mobile, there's no reason a text message should interrupt a 16xx phone.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I thought the same thing since she had a Bluetooth headset. I physically unplugged it and powered it off.
When she first reported this I thought she was doing something wrong, but when I disconnected the headset I couldn't believe it. It does this with every text message she gets. The only way it could do something to her call is a message on the PRI D channel from the outside.
Final thought Both Cell phone are PRI are AT&T.

I'm going to try this myself on a remote worker 9608 from my office. I keep remote workers on many of my larger systems to test. I'll set up my extension with twinning and turn it off and see if it happens to me.

That is very interesting. I had calls twinned to my cell when our state was shut down and when I came back into the office I just turned twinning off but my mobility is still setup and I do not get this issue. Possibly a version issue?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Run a pri monitor trace and post it here. Don’t forget to check mark isdn filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back