Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attndnt phone doesn't accept keystrokes after outbound call connected 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonefox

Technical User
Jun 9, 2010
US
Hi guys,

I have an attendant phone having some issues. When the receptionist dials outbound, after the call connects, she cannot do anything with the call but disconnect. She can't transfer or put in her long distance access code for LD calls. So that leaves her with making local calls only and then still not being able to transfer.

I followed the ext and it is setup as an ACDN that NCFW to another ACDN that NCFW to the 00 attendant phone printed below. I looked up every prompt in the I/O but nothing comes close to this issue except maybe Dial Access Prefix on Console but it is set to ALLOW. Any ideas? Need more info?

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 18 9
DATE
PAGE
DES

TN 018 0 00 09
TYPE 2250
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
SGRP 0
SETN 018 0 00 10
ANUM 02
IADN
ALPD NO
SSU
ICDR ICDD
ABAN ABDD
CPND CNDA
AADN
DNDI DNDA
DAPC DAPA
LANG 00
KEY 00 BVR
KEY 01 BIN
KEY 02 PRK
KEY 03 DDL
KEY 04 MIK
KEY 05 MCK
KEY 06 ADL
KEY 07 ADL
KEY 08 ADL
KEY 09 EES
KEY 10
KEY 11
KEY 12
KEY 13
KEY 14
KEY 15
KEY 16
KEY 17
KEY 18
KEY 19
DATE 14 MAY 2010

Thanks!! Any thoughts would help!! Thanks!

The Phone Fox

have her try the EES key (end to end signaling)

if that does work, the have her select exclude source key (i think) and then try the EES key to dial the digits

The Tones key, being "KEY 9 EES" in this case.

I'd be looking at the NEDC and FEDC of the route the calls comes in on or goes out on.

I'd also make certain the EOD and ODT timers are set low, like 4096 or less for each. Too short just means CDR records get trimmied. Too long means calls cannot dial further digits until the timer expires.

Then of course, check her NCOS in the LD21 ATT_DATA Datablock

Of note: You cannot place a local call, then transfer that local call to another local call. At least on most older releases. You can only hold all the parties and wait until they are done.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com | Connect with me on LinkedIn
--

Thanks guys!

Some of that makes sense...

I should 1st try to have her make an outbound long distance call on the EES key?

I am thinking this might be over my head...when you start talking about the data blocks, I get alittle scared....haha

The Phone Fox

EES is the DTMF key (Toggle key) when lit up she can press the dialpad to make tones, if it does not light up (when she has a caller with her) the have her press excl.src key and then press EES key to try the DTMF tones.

Ok! Sorry about this but...
I am looking at a the keyboard layout of the 2250 and can't find the Keys 0-9. I see three sets of 9 keys, two on the left and one on the right. Which one is key 09?

Meridian 1
Attendant Consoles Description
Document Number: 553-2201-117

Thanks!

The Phone Fox

its the extreme right column, not sure if it's bottom up or top down.....

Thanks Nortel4Matt, Triton101, and GHTROUT!

Will try the EES but if it doesn't work, I will turn it over to our vendor.

The Phone Fox

Triton101 - Just tested and it goes from the top down!!

And the Tones (EES) key worked!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

The Phone Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back