Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendent Vector Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

charnny

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
Is anyone doing anything clever with Attendent vectoring that they would wish to share. I am thinking specifically of IVR type vector programming to deflect calls away from their main switchboard, e.g If you know the extension of the person you wish to contact please dial the digits now. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies

I'm just implementing that kind of IVR for our head office. Our attendant gets over 400 calls a day where all she does is direct them to an extension number. I've put an IVR prompt into a none attandant vector asking the caller to dial a 4 digit ext number or press 1 for an operator. If they press 1 they then go to the attendant vector. Quite basic really but should help reduce the call volumes into the attendant!

You could also build a vector to allow Dialing by name. If you have DID then most people should call the number directly rather then have to choose a prompt and then enter the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back