Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Service Not Available, Try Again Later, Please disconnect -- Audix Msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTPTom

MIS
Jan 27, 2016
US
Hello all,

I'm trying to tackle this issue for a school that I'm servicing. They are NOT receiving incoming calls, but they can call out. Whenever anyone calls the school the following msg is heard, "Attendant Service not available, try again later. Please disconnect..."

I've Google searched this dozens of times, and the most common solution is to make sure that your Auto-Attendant greeting is available. The greeting that we need active is selected as active, so all good there. However, I noticed that we have 3 options for the greeting available: Press (1) to make the greeting active for Internal Calls; Press (2) to make greeting active for External Calls; Press (0) to make greeting active for ALL calls.

However, there is a problem: Options (1) & (0) make the greeting active for ALL calls after I select them. That's not right. I just want the greeting active for External Calls only. But Audix says, "okay I'll make the greeting set for ALL calls regardless of what options I gave you..."

I'm still new to this, so what ever you can assist me with is appreciated. Also, let me know what additional information.

Tom

Audix mailboxes have a choice of using the same greeting for all calls, or can be set for different greetings for different call types and out-of-hours.
If you have activated the call types feature, then you have to have a personal greeting recorded for each call type when it is an automated attendant mailbox.
When you log in to the mailbox and select multiple personal greetings there is an option to scan all of the greetings recorded to hear the recording and see what it has been activated for.
It may be easier to deactivate the call-types feature and use the same greeting for all calls?
No matter what you record on the greeting, the caller still has access to the same automated attendant menu.

we used to get this if the auto attd greeting was nor recorded or active, sounds like you are front ending all calls to a auto-attd so make sure the greeting is active

I have 3 greetings that we can use. I only have one greeting marked active. The auto-attendant is still not responding....!

the main line looks like this:

Marktwainmain_bpbmyi.jpg

If you’re sure that you have an active, and recorded, greeting set for ALL call types for mailbox 67500, then maybe you have some automated-attendant routing in place on the Audix system?

67500 may cover to the Audix system but the automated-attendant routing may be routing to a different day and/or night or holiday mailbox after it receives the digits 67500. Check the auto-attend-routing routing-table on the Audix. You may see on the table Incoming Called Number 67500 being replaced by a different Day and Night Service Mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back