Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant coverage answer group not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertw1984

Technical User
Oct 27, 2016
GB
hi all,

some phones when they dial 0 (attendant) it diverts it to all the reception consoles (x3) and it rings all the consoles and the receptionist answers the call
but
some phones when they dial 0 none of the consoles ring at all but the wierd thing is the caller hears a ringing tone so to them its ringing but on the consoles its not

can anyone help as this is a wierd one

thanks,
rob

Hardware platform?, Definity/CM software version?
Tenant Partitioning? y

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

44 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 34 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

when i type "list trace st 7222" - extension assigned to an object other than a station

when i type "list trace st 0" - i get 2 rows that say "time" "data" and under them i get no data

hardware is a G450 and CM version is 5.0.11

sorry what do you mean by tenant partitioning

thanks,
rob

also as a work arround im trying to make another "cov answer-group" but everytime i try to add one of the attendants ie reception consoles i get -

7222 extension assigned but wrong type for the group

Command: list attendant
This will list attendant console extensions for direct calls and TN tenant partition number for each
Command: list station
This will show stations and TN tenant partition number for each
Command: display listed-directory-numbers
This will show extensions that when called, route to the attendant group queue

Command: display dialplan analysis
If 0 is length 1 and attd, dialing 0 from a station in tenant partition "1" goes to the attendant queue for attendant group "1"
Attendant seeking calls do not have coverage or forward options. Calls to "0" and "attd" route to the attendant queue.
Individual Attendant extension calls route to the attendant's extension, not the attendant group queue.

Command: change coverage answer-group xxxx
attd, and individual attendant extensions cannot be entered on the coverage answer-group form - error will be returned "7222 extension assigned but wrong type for the group"

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

then it is not a station then so it's most likely a vdn or hunt group

nice one avayatier3

ch dialplan analysis, 0 was set to go to ext, i changed it to attd

That was most likely an attempt to use 0 as a station or vdn
vdn 0 can work with attendant vectoring
and station 0 can have coverage and station 0 can be in a coverage path, and station 0 can be in a coverage answer-group

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back