Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Console 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
My company is looking to update the console at the front desk. It is a ancient phone with no labeling and when the main receptionist is off on PTO, the back-ups have a hard time working with it at all.

I have a Desktop application that I can use for transfering and all that jazz. I was wondering how the attendant console is programmed, and how the 0 option is programmed in the system. I want to redirect all the calls to this new ohone, but I do not think I can set up the attendant console as a 2420.

Any help is greatly appricated.

If you have an Avaya PBX, login and type the command disp dial ana and look for 0. It should show you the definition for 0 in the dial plan. Once you know that, let us know.

It says "Total Length" 1; and "Type" attd.

Okay, so we know that 0 = the attendant console in the dial plan right now. It is possible to use a 2420 as the main answering point in place of the attd console.
Before embarking on your new plan, you will have to understand how calls get to the console both day and night. For example, are you using the Main Listed Number or a VDN for the inbound calls delivered to your company's main number? OR, is an Audix Auto Attendant played to the caller first and the only way calls deliver to the attd console is if they timeout or select 0? There is some re-work involved, perhaps someone in this forum could assist you.

We have “0” set as “ext” length “1” in the ana. We assigned 0 to a vdn and point it to a vector. The operators are assigned ACD log in ID’s and log into a ACD we have set up for them.

GMinTX...I tried to set 0 as a "ext" but it is not allowing me to do so. I keep getting this error:

"Cannot change attd access code; ACA/SVN referral dest. is 'attd' "

Anyone have any idea's what I don't have right?

I have everything set up extcept when people dial 0 from an inside ext. Outside callers are all set. It's jus tthe inside 0 option I can't get right.

To remove the attd , U must first change the ACA/SVN referral dest. to something different that the 'attd' . ACA has to do with automatic ciruit assurance that monitors trunks for problems and calls the attd when a trunk appears of have a problem.
If the attd is used a lot, then using a non attd phone can cause problems in that attd are made in software and hardware to take a lot of calls, were a regular phone isn't. Some people do use a regular phone, but it is more difficult to be efficient.
Putting a attd console extension in a hunt group isn't advised. It will cause the attd not to have all its' extensive features to work correctly.
I would advise getting another attdt console if U plan to use it a lot. If U have maintenance, they will give you a replacement at no cost.
The best way in my opinion is to use vectors to answer the calls and offer options rather than the voice mail system. This is due to limited voice mail ports in the voice mail.

Da-vi'do Juan-is'imo
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

Where is the ACA/SVN programmed? I can't find any documentation on it anywhere...

Found it! Its in "cha sys-parm feat" page 1 half way down. Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back