Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant/Console with 1 inbound line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecielo

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
US
I have a Definity G3R8 and our main line for our business rings into the attendant/console 302b/c. At this point, only 1 line can be answered. If a second call comes in when line a is busy then it is forwarded to voice mail and the Receptionist does not have an opportunity to answer the second call. How can I make it so that multiple main line calls can be answered simeltaneously from the console?

Thank you for your help!

Sounds like you are sending the calls to the attendant extension and not the attendant ATTD.

Look at your incoming trunk group and see were the incomming destination is pointing to. Then disp that station and look at its coverage path. If I am correct, it probably points to the attd or attendant extension and then voicemail as a second choice.

If it is the attd as the first point then you could alter the coverage path to not include the busy condition but keep the ring no answer of x amount of ring and then cover.

Second you could also point the trunk group directly to the attd attendant in the trunk form.

Trace the path...

Netcon1
(Mark if Useful!!)

You also need to have a que setup for the attd, this is what holds the calls and allows them to be answered either by the order recieved or they can also be set with prioritys
Do a disp attd 1, and look and see what the settings are. There are quite a few variables for the attendant, so have your manual ready to help figure out what is what.

oops
You need to do a display console and look at the settings Not the attd. Also look at your system parameters.

Do you have a listed-directory-number set up? Or maybe a VDN with an attendant-vector? Do a disp list or check your vectors. This is one way tp start and from that point work with the stuff Netcon1 and Bobg1 put up here.
Good luck and let us know what whazzup!
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

I do not have a copy of the console manual. Does anyone know where I can acess a copy? How do I set up a queue for the attendant?

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back