Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ati rage fury maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuFAILURE

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
US
I have tried several Tyan s2390 motherboards and several Ati rage fury maxx video cards together, and as soon as windows comes up after installed drivers, just an icon with a black desktop, nowhere else. This is what i've done: disabled agp 4x, loaded failsafe options in bios, upgraded drivers from ati site, changed operating systems, moved around jumpers on cards, changed cpus(athlon 900-1000), hard drives, memory, power supplies, took out all other cards, did every possible bios switch. Nothing. Anyone else have this problem? I work in a computer store, so i have access to all these parts. I use a different agp card, and booomb...it works....anybody?

I also did the whole via patch thing, and bios updates. Still no prevail. (tried it without updates and patches too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back