Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assign hunt group to ring after pressing 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgronwall

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2004
US
I have several Norstar phones that will ring the hunt group if the outside caller presses 0 (zero) at the voice mail prompt. I would like to expand this to several other phones, but cannot find the right programming functions. The users that I want to add are already members of the proper hunt group. I have compared the programming setup with those phones that work but everything seems to be correct. Can anyone please help?

HG programming is the first heading under SYSTEM PROGRAMING. If phones are aleady assigned to the correct HG and the HG is in broadcast mode they should ring.

M

Powerflower --

Thank you for the quick response but I am still stumped. The phones are assigned to the correct HGs but they do not ring.

is the personal attendant or (AA)system atdt set as the Hunt group DN?

senk1s --

I don't know. How do I check the setup for this?

Thanks

senk1s --

Thanks for that list bit of info. This worked, but for all phones in the system. I only want all of the phones in one HG to ring after trying to reach one of the phones in that HG and pressing zero if there is no answer. We have 20 phones and I only want the 6 phones in this HG to ring the HG after an outside caller presses zero.

Thanks

i dont quite understand what you are trying to do.

here is my best Guess - if not get a vendor to set it up for you

disable the F982 atdt
try the personal attendant for indivudual mailboxes - this will be in the VM users guide

Sounds like all your phones are in the hunt group so remove the ones you don't want to ring.

If this is becoming too confusing I suggest you hire a vendor to sort it out.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back