Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2000- Backup Agent Error for Email (Calendars) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVW

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
I keep getting a Backup Agent Error when performing our Exchange (Ver. 5.5 on NT 4.0), but it only errors on Calendars or other intermittent folders. It mainly happens to the Calendars though. Thanks,
Vince

The actual error from the log file is
[E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME= Individual Mailboxes\*****\Calendar, EC= Backup Agent Error -- (69) "Read/Write error in named pipes.".)]
I really appreciate the quick response.

Thanks,
Vince

I downloaded the information. I will update it to my system tonight.

Thanks alot!!! I kind of have a difficult time dealing with tech support. They're hard to understand.
Thanks,
Vince

Thanks for the info. It seemed to have the same error. I was going to change the backup agent configuration to tcp/ip instead of named pipes and give it a try tonight. I will keep posting.
Thanks again, any help is always good help to me. Thanks,
Vince

I tried the e-mail backup, but it incompleted. This time it gives an E8604 failed to start backup. (DBNAME= \Individual Mailboxes\*****, EC= EXCH Exchange Agent --(429) "Fail to Open Information Store".) I figure that is because I am not using Named Pipes.

Vince Thanks,
Vince

Try it with named pipes, and then let us know if your getting the same error as before, or a different error.

Hang on a sec, have you applied SP3 to arcserve and the exchange agent?

If not do it, and then re-apply qo06202.caz to the agent.

thanks

guru

I changed it back to named pipes yesterday and got the original error. I just finished re-installing the sp3 package for the Arcserve program and my two agents (Client and Exchange). Then, I did the .dll update on the exchange server. I will run it tonight and see if this fixes it. I really do appreciate the help.

Thanks, Thanks,
Vince

Let us know how it goes vince,

good luck

guru

and by dll update you mean qo06202 right?

HI,

This QO06202.QAZ fix, is it for Exchange 2000 or does it fix backup bugs for all versions of Exchange running on NT/2000?

Cheers,

Paul

I got your e-mails. The backup is still running. I am waiting for it to finish, but it actually does not show any activity or job log errors. It's hopeful. The only reguirements the sheet shows is
1. This fix requires ARCserve 2000 Advanced Edition Exchange Agent
for NT/2000 or Exchange 2000 Agent for NT/2000 to be installed.
So, I assume then that it will be OK for other versions. I am running NT 4.0 servers with EX 5.5. I'll let you know how it turns up.
Thanks ARCserveGuru. Thanks,
Vince

Hi Vince,

This is exactly the same problems I have been encountering. I have reapplied QO06202.QAZ and SP3 and Reinstalled the software and the agent so many times, I have give up. If you can get a complete backup without any Error of E8604. I will get on my knees and praise the ground you walk on.
Make sure your admin mailbox has the service account admin permissions on all 3 levels.

THanks

Well, it's about 4:30 Central and I just checked my exchange backup. It's still running, but the last few mailboxes have the original E8602 BACKUP AGENT ERROR.
Back to the drawing board I guess. I checked the permissions and they are correct. I appreciate the ideas. I needed to put the service pack on my system, so that's a good thing. Any other ideas, questions, comments welcome.... Thanks,
Vince

You still got these errors after the qo06202?

This patch fixes bugs in all exchange database versions.

What are the errors? Named Pipes? Backup attchement?

Are you running any antivirus on exchange?

Can you copy paste the e8602 error message again, I just want to make sure which one your talking about.

guru

Hello,

I see you have written that you are still gettng the errors. Here is the last thing that may fix it. Having done everything so far I would go to your job in job status and open it up. Expand the mailboxes and have a quick look at them all then de-tract them and click the traffic lights button and re-submit the job. Believe it or not, this works sometimes !

Paul.

ARCserveGuru, it is the same as the first time:
[E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME= Individual Mailboxes\*****\Calendar, EC= Backup Agent Error -- (69) "Read/Write error in named pipes.".)].
Yes, we are running Inoculate 4.53.

Duran, I will definitely try that out tonight. Thanks for the idea.
I APPRECIATE the help, alot!!! It's very difficult working with the tech support at CAI. Thanks,
Vince

I just finished re-booting my system and removed the Exchange backup. I was going to add it back in, but now the A2k administrator hangs when I try to look at the mailboxes in the tree.
I was going to load the LO94975 patch.
-Read/write error during brick-level backup

Thanks,
Vince

Well, I installed the LO94975 patch, then I tried to install the qo06202 patch. It didn't work. So, I tried to install JUST the LO94975 patch. It worked. I was able to open up the Exchange brick level and see my mailboxes. I setup the backup to run tonight. I will find out if it works tomorrow.
After I added BOTH patches, it would not recognize my mailbox/password account in Security box.
I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks,
Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back