Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2000- Backup Agent Error for Email (Calendars) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVW

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
I keep getting a Backup Agent Error when performing our Exchange (Ver. 5.5 on NT 4.0), but it only errors on Calendars or other intermittent folders. It mainly happens to the Calendars though. Thanks,
Vince

OK. It didn't work. Same e8602 as always. I put the qo06202 patch that was originally suggested. Once I do that, I get a security error in the backup tree when I try to access the Exchange Brick Level. I tried accessing it through the Agent tree and the actual domain. It says invalid user ID or password. I checked my password and user ID. Both good. I put the domain followed by \ user id. For some reason, it does not recognize my user ID with the new qo06202 patch installed. Any ideas?
Thanks for all the help so far. I really appreciate it, it's helped me organize my trouble-shooting better. Thanks,
Vince

Hmmmm,
out of curiosity, have you made sure that the mailbox your using does not clash with any other mailboxes (the first three letters cannot match the first three letters of other mailboxes.

And after re-readind the whole post in this forum, do you have any exchange anti virus running or not? I didn't find an answer to this, although I only skimmed through.

Thanks

guru

I went ahead and verified that I didn't have any mailboxes with the same first three letters. Good to go. Yes. I have InoculateIT running on a server and I am using it on the Exchange Server. I am using version 4.53. I checked the thread and you're right. I forgot to post that.
Thanks.... Thanks,
Vince

Are you saying disable it from the backup job, from the Exchange Server, from the ARCSERVE Server, two of the three, or ALL three?
Thanks,
Vince

Try all three, and then if it works fine then narrow down which was causing the problem. If the idea of leaving your server viulnerable to virus attack doesn't appeal to you :) Then you disable the exchange anti-virus and give that ago.

guru

I am having a similar problem, but it is intermittent here is the error from Arcservit…E8602 Failed to read from Database. (DBNAME= Information Store EC=)

Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

I have a similar problem with two mailboxes :

E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\username\Postvak IN, EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (402) "Exchange system error".)

I have since quit using the brick level backup. I have tried different installs and patch sequences. None seem to work. I tried to work with CAI to correct it, but it did not work.

Thanks,
Vince

Hi Garfield,
Have you tried checking your exchange database for any inconsitencies? Isinteg and edbutil. Also, you could try exporting the information from the mailboxes, then deleting the mailbox, recreating them, and then re-importing the mailbox contents back to it.

LGI, are you sure there was no error code ec=***?

hope this helps,

g

ARCserveGuru,

Yes there is. This is the rest of the message
EC= Backup Agent Error -- (69) "Read/Write error in the named Pipes."

It happened several times last week and last nights backup was fine. Go figure.

Thanks for your response.

Leon

LGI,
Readwrite errors in name pipes are usually a result of timeouts due to the antivirus, but are sometimes due to other reasons. There is a new bricklevel fix out now that supercedes qo06202. it is qo13760.caz.

Hope this helps,

g

ARCserveGuru,

I am not running a brick level backup and I am using Antigen as my scanner. Do you think the real time scan should be disabled when running the backup?

Thanks,
LGI

LGI,
Oh, sorry, I forgot you weren't bricklevel. Antivirus could still be the problem. Try without and observe any problems, if there are still problems then we can rule out the possibility of anti-virus.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back